Waste In Flight?

Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:25 am

Does any waste get jettisoned from airliners ?

If so where does it usually get dumped ?

What are the regulations reguarding such activities ?

Log

RE: Waste In Flight?

Mon Feb 26, 2001 8:29 am

THe first toilet was on the Ford Tri Motors it was an seat with a hole and a sign that said do not use over populated areas!
Iain

JG

Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:34 am

Log

The only waste that is routinely dumped is from the galley drains or possibly lavatory sink drains . In flight, water from these drains evaporates long before hitting the ground.

I don't really know where you are going with this question but I might as well bring it up... human effluent (blue water) is stored in tanks and disposed by service trucks (for lack of a better term "turd hearse") upon arrival at your destination. Sorry for the bathroom humor.

If your question comes from noticing fluid draining from an aircraft as you boarded, the source was probably condensation draining from the airconditioning system or water waste from a galley drain. The company for which I work has a policy that flight attendants may not dispose of liquid while at the gate. Ramp personnel generally do not enjoy being dowsed by hot coffee.

JG

Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:12 pm

Thanks, i just wondered if anything was dumped at sea (toilet waste) .
So they do dump clean-ish water i spose after 10000 ft when we're allowed to use the bathroom and the galley starts being used.
Obviously i didnt expect any solid material to be dumped from tha aircraft except solid as in ice which must form as any water is let go at high altitude .

Where is the outlet for these liquids?

cdfmxtech

Mon Feb 26, 2001 7:30 pm

Drain mast...always on the bottom of the aircraft. Look like antennas, not shaped a little different.