Suggestions For School Presentation On United

Fri Mar 30, 2001 3:56 am

I have a presentation next week for a class; my group has to present on United. Topcis that the group sis covering so far are org structure, org culture, job opportunities and benefits, as well as the merger of US Air & United. Now, I myself need to find a topic to present. I was thinking of doing an overview of costs (in fact, I posted something to this forum already on that), but then I thought that something technical might be more interesting.

I am just an average joe, er, jane  Smile/happy/getting dizzy who doesn't know much about flight technicalities. Does anyone have any suggestions for possible topics?

Any help is most appreciated!!!
thanks!
jen

OPNLguy

RE: Suggestions For School Presentation On United

Fri Mar 30, 2001 4:22 am

What kind of class is this for, if you don't mind my asking?
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Western727

Fri Mar 30, 2001 5:40 am

Last year, I did a financial analysis of UAL corp for one of my accounting classes. I think a good topic would be a comparison of financial ratios with others in the industry. A couple good ones would be the current ratio (or the acid), Accounts Recievable Turnover, Debt to Equity, Price to Earnings... I can help you out with those if you want, and you can view the airlines' financial statements online.
Jack @ AUS

Fri Mar 30, 2001 5:46 am

Not at all!

"Business & Professional Communications" - - the goal of the course is to teach students how to give effective presentations. A recent assignment was to give an informative presentation on a company. One of the members of my group works for United Airlines and suggested our group report on UA....

notam-j

Fri Mar 30, 2001 5:54 am

There is a fair amount of financial information online if you are looking at focusing on the financial structure of United(NYSE: UAL).

You might also focus on the fact that United Airlines is owned by 96% insiders (i.e. employee owned), which is different than most other airlines.

Here's a good place to start looking for United Airlines financial information.
 Wink/being sarcastic
If only I had a nickel for every Boeing vs Airbus posting...

notam-j

Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:17 am

Sorry... forgot to add the link to my previous reply.

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/u/ual.html
If only I had a nickel for every Boeing vs Airbus posting...