HAWK21M
Topic Author

Technical Data On CD-Rom.

Sat Apr 21, 2001 5:08 pm

Where can I procure Maintenance Manual CD-Roms on the entire B737 series from -200 to -800s including CD-Roms on their respective Engines.

Secondly If anyone has any CD-Roms on the above fleet,I would appreciate If one could sell a copy to me.

Thanks.
regds
HAWK.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

RE: Technical Data On CD-Rom.

Sat Apr 21, 2001 6:50 pm

You could try www.esscoaircraft.com

Aerokid

Sat Apr 21, 2001 8:15 pm

I have several Maintenance Manuals from Airbus and Boeing available on CD-Rom and would like to trade them for Boeing manuals (on CD-Rom).

I have the following:

A300 Aircraft Training Manual (1 CD-Rom)
A320 AMM & IPC (2 CD-Rom's)
A320 CAATS (1 CD-Rom)
A330 AMM & IPC (2 CD-Rom's)
A330 CAATS (1 CD-Rom)
A340 General Presentation & CBT (2 CD-Rom's)
A340 AMM & IPC (3 CD-Rom's)
A340 CAATS (1 CD-Rom)
A3XX General Presentation

B737 MM (2 CD-Rom's)

Pratt & Withney PW4000 MM & IPC (1 CD-Rom)

I'm only interested in TRADING and I'm particularly interested in CD-Rom's about the Boeing 747 and 767.

Mail me if you are interested (address in user profile).

Best Regards,
GR.

PS: For those of you who are not into aviation language, I'll explain the abbreviations:

(A)MM = (Aircraft) Maintenance Manual
IPC = Illustrated Parts Catalog
CAATS = Computer Assisted Aircraft TroubleShooting
CBT = Computer Based Training

Mon Apr 23, 2001 1:59 am

Maintenance manuals are controlled documents that are revised on a regular basis. Most oudated mauals and CD ROMs are destroyed to prevent outdated procedures from being used and obsolete parts from being ordered and possibly intalled on the aircraft.

In addition, there are no general set of maintenance manuals for a particular aircraft, as they are custom tailored to the individual customer. A 767 built for airline x may have different equipment than a 767 built for airline y, and the manuals will reflect this.

I guess you have to know someone working for a particular air carrier to get ahold of old manuals, however if they (manuals) ended up in the wrong hands and contributed to an accident due to the wrong maintenance procedures being used, there would be hell to pay by all involved parties.