Crash Landings - GA Safety

Sat Jun 16, 2001 9:26 am

Hi everyone,

I've been reading a very well done post by a member on another forum and I though I would bring the discussion here.

I would like to know if you think that GA is safe. You'll here alot of people saying that driving is more dnagerous than flying and all sorts of little saying like this.

I, as a C152 pilot think that those stats that make aviation safer than driving are really a lot of crunched and manipulated numbers. I mean when you think of what could go wrong in a plane (fuel starvation, engine failure, structural damages, lack of situational awareness just to name a few) compared to what could go wrong in a car it would seems normal that flying is not the safest activity of all.

Don't get me worng here, I love to fly, but I think, and I've witnessed that some people are just careless about safety. I am a low timer but I put a very big emphasis on safety when I fly, I follow my checklists by the word, and I love to read about safety lectures, phicical and mental factors that are involved with flying.

So what's your opinion?

I will elaborate more when i get back from work later, because now I have to run.

RE: Crash Landings - GA Safety

Sat Jun 16, 2001 9:28 am

By The way, please don't hesitate to reply. Don't make this subject a Taboo one, we're all involve in it.