Airline Management

Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:35 pm

Hey everyone,
I have a few quick questions. What is the average base salary for a business or management person
for an airline? What is the highest one can make? I was wondering if someone could shine some light
on these subjects.

RE: Airline Management

Sat Jul 28, 2001 6:55 am

When I was checking into the airline management career, it seemed like they were starting at 30-35K for entry level, and 50-60K for senior management. Not too much different than the rest of the management world. There are a lot of good ads for airline management jobs in Aviation Week & Space Technology. They should give you a good idea...

Now may I offer my ever-so jaded opinion?

I spent two years as an accounting major, hoping to get into the management side of the airlines. It sucked my will to live. I can think of no worse a drudgery than taking care of the financial stuff so *someone else* can go fly, and I still can't quite figure why I allowed myself to think it would be fun. Now that I'm planning to fly for a living, I have a renewed energy, and motivation up-the-waz...something that I couldn't muster as a future-management type.

Now, I'm not saying don't go for managment if that's what you truly want. I'm just saying to make sure that's what you really want. I mean, lots of people make a very good living at managing all sorts of things. (I won't be one of them, unless you are talking about CRM!)

Well, there you have it: My completely unsolicited advice.

Jack @ AUS