Western727
Topic Author

A F D, Flight Guide, Or Both?

Sun Sep 09, 2001 1:04 pm

You may remember my post entitled "Jepp or NOS." This is along that same vein, however, this question doesn't bear any real financial implications. Here's the question.

I am an AOPA memeber, and with that I recieve their airport directory, revised on an annual basis, for part of my membership dues. I also have a "Flight Guide" (Compact book of airport diagrams and information - invaluable!) and have been subscribing to their revision service for a few years now. My question is: Am I missing pertinant information by not having the Airport/Facilities Directory to refer to? Fortunately, AFDs are pretty cheap, so it's not a question of money.
Jack @ AUS

RE: A F D, Flight Guide, Or Both?

Sun Sep 09, 2001 1:25 pm

What's an Airport/Facilities Directory? That will tell you how much we use them, in fact I can't even remember when the last time I even saw one was. Actually, the handiest source for that information is the AC-U-KWIK guides that you can buy at any airport FBO. Those, together with the airport diagram page of the Jepp charts will give you all the information that you will ever need to know.

XFSUgimpLB41X

Sun Sep 09, 2001 2:36 pm

An AFD is relaly all you need... it gives all you the pertinent information necessary, plus is really cheap.
Chicks dig winglets.

L-188

Sun Sep 09, 2001 4:14 pm

The AFD are updated...Every two months.

The Airport directory is annual.

Go with the AFD.

Although the Airport directory usually has more reliable information on where to stay.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:04 pm

I prefer flight guides as it is easier to use, the only thing with AFD's is you might be asked questions on it during your oral.
Iain