I have some questions on the B777s, wonder if anyone could help me out. My apologies on my ignorance on these.
1) What flaps settings are usually or always set on the B777 for take off? I am not too sure (is it flaps 5)? And in what circumstances the flaps settings would be changed?
2) I heard the main landing gears can turn left/right of a +8 and -8 degrees on the B777-300 to help cope with sharp turns during taxi, is it true and does the B777-200 has this feature?
3) How many feet per minute (Vspeed I suppose?) does the B777 normally climbs to it's cruising height and descending from cruise?
4) I understand the normal cruise speed for the B777 is Mach.84. When you are behind schedule, does the captain normally goes faster or is it not economical enough to?
5) When approaching or landing in severe crosswind, what is mainly used to manovure the aircraft back on course? Kick the rudder to yaw the aircraft or roll it or both? And, does the captain approach the aircraft himself or engage the autopilot?
Thanks a lot for the time. Any help and comments appreciated.