A/c train
Topic Author

Leatherman Tool

Sat Sep 29, 2001 4:51 am

Can I ask the AMT's out there, do you have a Leatherman in your toolbox if not so, WHY!!!, I 60% de panelled the a/c at college the other day with a Leatherman micra because we couldn't get into stores cause the storeman wasn't there, they set up shadowboards by the way, so I used a Leatherman, we were doing a D check or simulating it, so we stripped the a/c to bare structure components the lot GONE!!, this tool came in most handey and it didn't round of screw heads or anything, it was a quality by for 45 quid and will be a permanent fixture in my toolbox, so has anyone else got 1??
regards
A/c

Dalmd88

RE: Leatherman Tool

Sat Sep 29, 2001 5:50 am

Yes most have carried one in the past. Due to the new "security measures" Lethermans or other knives are not allowed on the line unless they are required for the task at hand. They are not to be carried all the time on your belt. Yeah it's a stupid rule.

NKP S2

Sat Sep 29, 2001 1:15 pm

Best 60 dollars I ever spent. VERY handy for small stuff. Rediculous "we gotta do SOMEthing" knee-jerk zealots have ( for now ) rendered them illegal to carry in secure areas since 9/12/01. Never knew how much I missed it- I must've reached to unsheathe a non-existant Leatherman from my belt 2 dozen times out of habit since the ban. -- BTW, the company is excellent to deal with if you need repairs--they fix...no questions asked, and even sharpen the blades and clean/lubricate it. Good product from a good company.

HAWK21M

Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:17 pm

I have a Black lethermans attached to my belt, which along with my Maglite & RT Unit forms part of my Uniform.
However due to security restrictions post 11th Sept, Its not permitted to carry the same if one is travelling on Board.

http://www.swissarmyexpress.com

regds
HAWK.
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

Tuffty

Mon Oct 01, 2001 5:30 am

yes mate cant beat it they always prove handy when you have to do those last minute things. i wouldnt be without mine.

Metwrench

Tue Oct 02, 2001 8:58 pm

I still have the original "Leatherman" in my glove box. A few years ago I upgraded to the "Supertool", this is the most potent "toolbox on a belt" that has ever been devised. Countless times I have opened panels, replaced parts etc. with this tool and "Returned aircraft to Service" with this tool.

Two years ago I broke my Super Tool straightening out a lawnmower blade. I mailed it back to Leatherman in Oregon, and two weeks later, I had a brand new unit in the mail, no questions asked.

Try that with a foriegn "knock-off".

aznjapken

Wed Oct 03, 2001 8:24 am

The Supertool 2000 just came out, and also the juice will be coming out shortly. My dad works for them over here in pdx.

airfun

Thu Oct 04, 2001 5:09 am

ALL THIS TALK IS MAKING ME......YOU KNOW...WANT TO GET MYSELF A LEATHERMAN.......