Basically it's as follows :-
1. Pull the Circuit Breakers (CB's) for the Fire Extingushers and Ignitors
2. Pull the fire handle (to isolate the engine from the fuel & hydraulic systems)
3. Pull the CB's for ralated engine electrics (instruments, Generators, pneumatics etc)
4. Open/Remove cowlings.
a) Hydraulics lines (Supply, Pressure & Case drain)
b) Fuel Line
c) Pneumatic Duct & Nacelle anti-ice
d) Electrical Cables (Gen feeder, instumentation connectors etc)
e) Engine Controls
6. Fit hoist gear to pylon
7. Fit Engine stand adaptors to engine
8. Winch engine stand to engine and tension winch to take the weight, this is indicated by load scales fitted to the winches
9. Release engine mount bolts/nuts, depending on installation (one or two at front of engine, 4 at the back)
10. Winch engine to ground and push out of the way
11. Carry out inspection of pylon lower surface (looking cracked firewall, wear in the engine mount structure, check electrical connector pins for wear/burning.
12. Wheel new engine into postion & winch up ad pre-load engines against engine mounts (or, depending on engine type, bring engine to within 1/4 inch of mount faces and fit bolts and pull engine up to mount faces) fit mount bolts/nuts and torque load to around 350 Lbs ft (actual figure depending on a/c type)
13. Reconnect every thing you disconnected
14. Rig engine controls
15. Reset CB's
16. Reset Fire Handle
17. Carry out ignitor function check
18. Pressurise fuel/hydraulic/pneumatic lines and check for leaks
19. Carry out a wet motoring cycle (Turn engine over on starter motor and add fuel but no ignition) and check for leaks
20. Close/fit cowlings
21. Take a/c down to run pen and give the new engine a sound thrashing, check the engine systems ( generator, thrust reverser/anti-ice/fuel heat etc) and adjust the trim as necessary. On a FADEC engine you may just need to do an idle run if the engine has been test cell run.
I hope that answers your question.
To the experts, the above is a generalistion and not supposed to be type specific.