travatl

Gulfstream G-IV Operating Costs

Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:49 am

Hello all - am attempting to determine the operating cost of the G-IV, including a breakdown of those costs, and am having a hell of a time finding info. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Travis

RE: Gulfstream G-IV Operating Costs

Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:09 pm

Hourly Rate: $3,800.00
International Overnight: $900.00
Domestic Overnight: $750.00
Daily Attendant Rate: $350.00
No. of Passengers: 9

got to www.gulfstream.com and find pre-owned aircraft or go to www.aso.com

Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:52 pm

Those hourly operating cost figures are at the very best "Wild Guestimates". There are so many variables as to make it almost impossible to come up with any meaningful number that you would be comfortable with going to the board with. I know of operators who claim operating costs of less than $2,000 per hour and others who report costs of nearly $10,000 per hour. Each answer is correct for that particular operator. The only sure way to arrive at a reasonable estimate for any given operator is to put in very specific information and then crunch the numbers. However, there's an old saying which goes: "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." It probably applies here.

Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:30 pm

I did a price check on charter its expensive. But I would still no matter how wealthy I am would want to know. thats the goverment old saying. "if you have to ask , you can't afford it. they Just don't Ask

Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:45 pm

they say those new falcon has a operating cost of 1300 an hour. That doesnt sound so bad But if i were going to fly from PDX-LA i bet some how the bill would be like 15,000 dollars by the time i walk off the plane all the additional prices.

Hey jetguy
do you ever get special benefits to take your family up on your own personal family trip? or have you herd of anyone that lucky?

Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:45 am

In our company, family and friends are welcomed to accompany us on a "space-a" basis. It's a great perk that we use all of the time.