Hey all, I could use some information of some less-known navigation systems:
1) Is this system still in use?
2) If so, whats its precision, whats it used for, what onboard devices are used for it?
1) Whats the 'development status' of MLS? Will it be applied in the near future?
INS (or IRS):
1) Whats the average error per flight hour on state-of-the-art INS
2) is it certified to be used as 'sole means of navigation' for airliners?
ILS CAT-IIIc approach
1) How does the pilot stay on the runway centerline after touchdown and ILS signal loss if visibility is 0-0? Is there any additional transmitter, or does any ILS antenna have a BC signal which is usable for taxiing?
I'd really appreciate any additional operational information on those system, also what other not-well-known nav systems are used in civil aviation today (not ILS, VOR, NDB or GPS)