clipperhawaii

Whats The Latest On Photo Certificates?

Sun May 26, 2002 7:14 am

Continue to hear talk about the FAA pilot certificate being upgraded to a photo format. What is the latest on that?
(Clipperhawaii also reminds everyone including himself that you have 30 days to inform FAA of that change of adress!)
Clipperhawaii
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

jhooper

RE: Whats The Latest On Photo Certificates?

Sun May 26, 2002 6:12 pm

Not sure what the status of that is, but last I heard an iterim rule was being written requiring all pilots to carry, in addition to the pilot and medical certificates, some form of photo identification. I would like to see the pilot certificates get updates; they are much too easy to counterfeit.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

RE: What's The Latest On Photo Certificates?

Mon May 27, 2002 2:21 am

I read something about it just last week on the NBAA website. Bottom line is that it's coming and it's just a matter of timing and who's going to pay for it. (The answer to that one is simple - we are.) Currently, the big item is removing the pilot's SSN from all of the certificates. From now on, they will be issued with a independent number as they were prior to the SSN. In the mean time, if any of you want your certificate number changed to remove the SSN simply contact your friendly local FSDO office.

PPGMD

RE: Whats The Latest On Photo Certificates?

Mon May 27, 2002 9:02 am

Firendly my butt, they just sent a form 609 to one of my old friends.
At worst, you screw up and die.