Air Taiwan
Topic Author

747SP Technical Data Help Needed

Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:51 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm doing an assignment for uni. We had to choose an aircraft and calculate the Lift, drag, stall speed etc etc plus the structure and avionics on that particular aircraft.

I've choosen the Boeing 747SP, one of my favourite aircraft. But the only book I could find is the "Great airliners: 747SP" which has got a lot of pictures but not so many technical data...

I've also looked up Janes all the world's aircrafts... and although a lot of the info was in it, there are still a large part missing (eg tyre pressure etc).

So my question is, where can I find a book that has all the information about the 747SP? Would an operation manual help me? And how would I get it?

Thanks a lot!!

Jimmy

PH-BFA

RE: 747SP Technical Data Help Needed

Fri Jun 07, 2002 5:27 am

maybe you could find some more information on www.747sp.com.

good luck,

PH-BFA

Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:03 am

Perhaps if you can specify the parameters you are looking for so that you can calculate your numbers, someone can provide information.

Depending, again, on what you are looking for, various info are available say in the Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) which are available on the internet, some are available in the FAA approved Airplane Flight Manual, which for a fee, you can request the Seattle ACO for info via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).

Don't bother going to public libraries, you won't find anything there. Info not available via these sources, if it's straightforward enough, write to the Boeing company, Flight Operations Engineering...they might give you some info.

I wish you luck. I have learned the hard way not to commit to some project before I know I have the facts and that I can do a good job finishing it.

Regards,
Nut

Air Taiwan
Topic Author

Sat Jun 08, 2002 7:21 pm

Thanks guys,

I've already checked the 747sp.com website and it's got mostly line numbers and customers and that kind of stuff, not much info on tech specs at all...

I've got mostly what I need through the Intl Directory of Civil A/c and the Jane's all the world's a/c but there's still two more things I need

1. the T-O speed of the SP
2. the cutaway of the SP... I only have the one for 747-200...

Thanks again for your helps!!

MD11Nut, yeah, only that 777s and 744s were already taken by some other ppl...  Sad

but then the SP is one of my fav a/c so...

cheers!

Jimmy

Notar520AC

Mon Jun 10, 2002 4:54 am

AirTawaiin- did you get my email?
BMW - The Ultimate Driving Machine

Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:58 am

Dear Air Taiwan -
I have my pilot manual of the 747SP, but it is part (just differences) of my Boeing 747-200/300 Operations Manual... it mentions the differences of check lists or settings, but not things such as... tire pressures...
The 747SP I used to fly is now gone, we are left with the standard size 200 or 300s... but be glad to seek information in my manuals about this aircraft... For us, we did not treat the aircraft much differently with check lists, it had very few differences which were hardly relevant... flaps went from "20" to "30" with no "25" intermediate setting, and we only had 2 autopilots rather than 3 autopilots... and the reduced weights permitted high altitude cruise much earlier in the flight... write to me - b747skipper@aol.com - if I can look in the manuals I have about the SP... was a "sports car"...
Skipper