contrails

Name/ID For Chart With Airways Shown

Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:18 am

Can someone give me the name/ID number for a chart (or charts) with the high altitude airways shown? I would like to find one (or a series) for the entire country, but I'd settle for one for the NE (VA/MD/DC/PA/NY/etc.). I presume that these airways would be on some sort of high altitude chart, but I could be wrong on that count.

I know a store where I can get these, but the clerk and I couldn't find any like this in the catalog. We thought the Jet Airway chart ("JANxx") would fit the bill, but the airways weren't shown.

Thanks for the help.

Flying Colors Forever!

RE: Name/ID For Chart With Airways Shown

Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:35 am

Dear Contrails -
The chart you would like is probably the Jeppesen United States High Altitude number 3 & 4 (one side is number 3, the other side is 4) which covers entire Eastern USA... Call Jeppesen in Denver, CO to get one...
xxx
There is also a similar chart printed by the US Government, if you have to buy it, price is probably less than Jeppesen, yet the information is exactly same...
xxx
These charts are constantly updated for minor changes, and an "old one" may be still quite suitable for you, go to your local airport and ask pilots who fly with business jets, they probably throw their old charts away, and would be happy to give it to you...
(s) Skipper

timz

RE: Name/ID For Chart With Airways Shown

Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:27 am

I can send you a set of the three NOAA charts covering the US from 2-3 years ago, if that's new enough. How about $6 including postage?