A topic was posted in the civil aviation forum regarding short and long taxi times, so I was wondering, are there any "special" checklist procedures for flights when the distance from brake release to the active runway is just too short?
Maybe an A320 or 757 wouldn't have a problem with that, since checklists are very short and have very few elements, but what about a 737 or MD-80? I guess one just sits at the ramp for an extra 4 or 5 minutes performing all pre-takeoff procedures and checklists, is that right?
Examples of this kind of scenario:
- LAX RWY24L, leaving from a Southwest or America West gate closest to the runway.
- MSY RWY28, leaving from concourse B, gates 2, 4, or 6.
- SAN RWY09, again, when leaving from a gate very close to the full length.
- BOS RWY15R, leaving from Terminal E.
- SAT RWY03, from the Southwest terminal.
Or how about short taxi-in times:
- BUR, landing RWY08
- FLL, landing RWY09L, parking at the US Airways gates.
Thanks in advance.