CPH-R
Topic Author

Where To Find Info On Gauges?

Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:17 pm

Hi all,
I'm doing a project at school at the moment, and I've taken the task of creating a small website where people can learn what the different instruments in a Cessna are for (just the basics, like the HSI, Altimeter, ASI etc. - no FMC's or the like).

Now, the teachers will frown at me if I dare mentioning that most, if not all, of this knowledge comes from myself, so I was wondering if there was a site on the internet that I could credit as a source (and no, I doubt that A.net will be allowed  Laugh out loud).

If not, I'll have to hasten down to the local Pilots Shop and get a book that can be used  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

L-188

RE: Where To Find Info On Gauges?

Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:29 pm

There are lots of books down there that you can look at.

Trying to think of some titles that they used in my A&P classes that I took.

Sorry but drawing a blank.

Just go down a browse, there are a lot of different sources, just about anything from TAB, the FAA, I can't think of who puts out the Aircraft Basic science book we use, will be good.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:57 pm

Go to Barnes and Noble or any other large book store and browse through the "Transportation" section. You should find what you're looking for. Oops, I noticed that you are from Denmark. I've never been to a Danish bookstore, but I would have to imagine that the same thing would apply. Here in the USA, many large public libraries would also have books that would have the same information. Here's another hint, why not try visiting a local flying club. I bet one of the local pilots would also have something that would be helpful for you.

Jetguy

airplay

Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:47 pm

Just a note....the vast majority of "Cessnas" do not have an HSI.

L-188

Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:57 pm

Ohhhhh....man...I think I vapor locked.

How much bandwidth do you have???

Go to the FAA website....http://www.faa.gov Lots of downloadable info there, just have to search for it. Look through the advisory circulars in particular.

but to get you started here is a link to a .pdf version of 61.23C

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/6044a5c61fa9349585256a35006d56b2/1b11d35fe0b86411862569b9007094db?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,00-45
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.