atct

Fiesler Storch Specs

Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:43 am

To anyone who can help,
A friend of mine is fiddling with the idea of creating a full scale flying replica of the Fiesler Fi-156 Storch. I was just wondering if anyone has any plans, blueprints, old sketches, or parts diagrams of this aircraft. We would be willing to pay for some items. If you have anything that would be useful or would like to help out in some way, email me at N365PA@yahoo.com Thanks for all help.

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

RE: Fiesler Storch Specs

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:35 pm

Cannot help you much, but... let's see here -
xxx
Once got a ride 15 minutes in one, in VNY in the 1970s, had Luftwaffe type paint and markings, the plane was (then) based and owned by someone at the little Santa Paula airfield, NW of Van Nuys...
xxx
Be aware also that the French had a version of the Storch, cannot recall its name and model number, but I believe it was build by "Nord" during WW2 and for a while after WW2... but had a French engine - radial if I recall well - maybe a lot of data about that aircraft would apply to the original German version except engine...
xxx
Good luck to you guys...
(s) Skipper

L-188

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:52 pm

A set of full scale planes for the Stoch seem to be the holy grail of aviation these days.

The French and the Chechs both built Storchs after the war. The French used both surplus Argus motors and that radial. Don't remember the type. I think the Chechs just used the Arguses.

Hey if you find a set of those plans give me a hollar.

OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

LZ-TLT

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:52 pm

some sets of drawings (altough by far not sufficient for a replica) can be found at these websites(though they are russian-langugage-only:

aviacherteg.narod.ru (Fieseler 156 drawings)
www.flightsim.ru (not original Fieseler drawings but drawings of it russian copy, the OKA-38 "Aist"

Speaking about the OKA-38, the airframe resembles fairly close the original design, the only differences are the wing and the engine used. A good source of detailed information about the aircraft might be Boris Shavrov's excellent almanac "History of the aircraft of the soviet union 1938-1950"

Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:05 am

There are a few reduced scale homebuilt and ultralight kits and plans out there. Reading the specs makes you want to have one. I think that it would be an absolute hoot to fly.

liamksa

Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:42 am

G'day

I remember looking at the Slepcev Storch to demonstrate the relationship between slats and stalling AoA. They look very similar but I don't know where it fits in in regards to the Fiesler Storch.

The link below is to a company in OZ builds them -
http://www.storch.com.au/

Also a search for Slepcev Storch comes up with a number of people who are also putting one together who might be able to help.

Rob.