Pilot Manuals - 707, 737, DC8...

Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:53 pm

For our friends, future pilots and aircraft enthusiasts -
xxx
Presently in vacations in Europe, I visited the widow of a dear pilot friend of mine, in Belgium. While remembering the good old days, she showed us the many manuals of her late husband, which are stored on shelves in her garage, asking me what to do with these manuals, since she is moving to Spain...
xxx
They have no value and raise no security concern, since they are no longer revised and updated, however, they are extremely valuable to airline enthusiasts and pilots who are studying to become airline pilots, wishing to know about aircraft systems, and flight procedures. I have seen 707 manuals, also DC8-60/70 and 737-200 manuals...
xxx
I suggested she offers them to such individuals, and mentioned that our forum has many enthusiasts. You can communicate with her, through email - nicole.verhulst@skynet.be - regarding these manuals. Her husband flew until 1991, and I am happy these books will not end in a pile of rubbish... and make some more aviation experts among you.
xxx
Happy contrails  Smile
(s) Skipper

jetdoctor

RE: Pilot Manuals - 707, 737, DC8...

Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:31 am

Skipper

Thanks for the info. The 707 manuals would be very interesting reading, as it was really the pioneer of jet transport as we know it!! Make a good comparison to some of the AOM's of current aircraft.

Jetdoctor
Break ground, and head into the wind. Don't break wind and head into the ground.

aloges

RE: Pilot Manuals - 707, 737, DC8...

Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:30 am

Thanks a lot, Skipper! If you weren't already on my respected users list, you'd be now!

cheers
aloges
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.