Questions About "slots"

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:48 pm

I've been reading the posts regarding UA selling some it's slots at Heathrow Airport to BA. I have a couple of questions on slots. Lets imagine that one day Northwest Airlines is awarded one slot at Heathrow. Would NW be able to use that one slot to fly into LHR from any city that it desires? Suppose NW uses that one slot to fly DTW-LHR and then wishes to change to a MSP-LHR flight -- would that be allowed? And does the newly awarded slot come with time restrictions? Could NW plan their arrival in Heathrow at any time of the day it chooses?
Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.....

RE: Questions About "slots"

Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:52 pm

I believe that most "slots" are time specific, especially at Heathrow where time and space are at a premium. As to the part about which city they fly from, there is much litigation and legislation about this in the Bermuda treaty so I'm not really sure.

"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way