cmckeithen

Air Craft Weight

Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:45 am

Back in July of 2003 I flew a CO flight from MSY-IAH. It was a 757-200 and they could not get the right engine to start. We were delyed 3hrs. During that delay, they were pulling pax's off the flight who had critical connections in IAH to make and putting them on other flights that were less full. We had a full plane before they started pulling pax's off. When they got the problem fixed we had 75 pax's onboard.

My question is:

Since the weights are calculated (pax's, luggage and fuel) before takeoff, how could we have taken off with the origional weight calculations. What did the crew have to do to get everything correct?

I hope what I am trying to ask makes any sence.

[Edited 2004-01-31 18:46:47]

COIAH99

RE: Air Craft Weight

Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:57 am

Since CO uses the system called Accuload, they simple enter the new pax counts and bag counts and generate a new accuload. It takes all of about 1 minute for this to happen.
The load planner just simple asks the ramp and gate the new counts and enters the new numbers. Then captain then gets the new counts over his printer on board. I hope this explains it well enough for you. Feel free to add to this or if I left something out. As a load planner once myself that is really all there is to it.
Just one more thing, as with the fuel, that number probably didn't change. It's pretty rare that a captain will take off fuel. Usually more the better.
Work Hard Fly Right

cmckeithen

Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:04 am

Thank you. It clairfyed things up nicely.

Leezyjet

Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:10 am

Each a/c has a certain amount that can be added or taken off the loadsheet without having to produce a new one.

It's called an LMC - (Last Minute Change) and the amount waries from a/c to a/c - even between airlines with the same type !!.

Basically just involves the Dispatcher or Capt adding or subtracting the new weight to/from what he has on his loadsheet already.

(Really annoys me on the show "Airline" when they say they cannot accept a passenger as the paperwork has been done - it takes about 30seconds to LMC something on a loadsheet !!! All depends on whether the dispatcher can be @r$ed or not I guess !!!.)

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"