airlinelover

Fly-By-Wire Technology Information Needed.

Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:12 pm

Hey everyone.. I am doing a report in college about Fly-By-Wire technology, but numerous requests to Airbus keep coming back with a "We wish we could help students, but due to the number of requests recieved, it's impossible" emails..

I'd like to know if there are any really good articles on Fly-By-Wire technology, either in old aviation magazines or in various places online..

Any links, or copies of said articles woudl be GREATLY appreciated, and if you want, you can email them to me.

Thanks in advance!!

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

pilotpip

RE: Fly-By-Wire Technology Information Needed.

Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:27 pm

Try sending the same email to Boeing, the 777 and F-18 both are fly by wire aircraft. Dassault's new 7x bizjet will be fbw as well. We used a book for our turbojet systems course that had a small section on the 777 and the Arinc bus that powers it. The book is paperback and has a A330 on the cover. It's called something like "Aircraft Systems for Pilots" or something like that. I'll check tomorrow when I'm at home. I have seen the book in Sporty's and a couple of local pilot shops as well. It may help your quest.
DMI

gigneil

Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:57 pm

Boeing is usually EXTREMELY responsive to students...

N

airlinelover

Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:43 pm

Academic research assistance: We do not entertain requests for academic research assistance. Our web site is rich in both historic company information and current product material. Explore the links from our homepage, about us, history, and search engine.

This was on Boeing's contacts page..

However, if they are usually responsive to students, what email address would I use to send an email to Boeing?

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

GDB

Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:51 pm

Don't forget this fly-by-wire pioneer in your report;

http://www.concordesst.com/flightsys.html

MITaero

Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:40 pm

>However, if they are usually responsive to students, what email address would I use to send an email to Boeing?

Hey, I'm a current employee on educational leave - you'd have to be more specific on the info you're looking for, there are so many people working on different aspects of FBW technology. You probably don't have to go to aircraft manufacturers for this kind of info, unless there's a reason you need to.. I hope you've tried Google already  Smile

FredT

Sun Feb 08, 2004 9:05 pm

Should be plenty of literature out there too. Having good solid book references is always much better than a number of URL's too. Do a search on Amazon, then hit the library?

Cheers,
Fred
I thought I was doing good trying to avoid those airport hotels... and look at me now.

LMP737

Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:19 am

There is a very good book out there about NASA's research into digital fly-by-wire. The name of the book is "Computers Take Flight-A history of NASA's pioneering digital fly-by-wire. It gives quite a bit of information on not only the history of fly-by-wire but also the technical aspects.

P.S. The authors name is James E. Tomayko.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

airlinelover

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:47 am

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the links, info, and everything. If you have any more, I'd love to see it!

MITaero- Your profile says you are sometimes in Troy, MI?? I live not even 20 minutes from Troy!!

Chris

MITaero

Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:48 am

Hey, I forgot to tell you - as Fred and LMP pointed out, books are better, but NASA has a surprising amount of information online.

My family lives in Troy and I grew up there, now I'm going to school here in MA.. I miss Michigan  Smile

airlinelover

Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:55 pm

Hey everyone.. I just lost everything I had in a total computer crash. Is there any way those of you who emailed me stuff cna do so again? I lost everything, including my report and all materials, and it is due within a few days..

thanks!!

Chris