chdmcmanus

Type Rating List

Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:36 am

Where would you go to find a list of individual aircraft type ratings? Based on US 14CFR;

§ 61.31 Type rating requirements, additional training, and authorization requirements.
(a) Type ratings required. A person who acts as a pilot in command of any of the following aircraft must hold a type rating for that aircraft:
(1) Large aircraft (except lighter-than-air).
(2) Turbojet-powered airplanes.
(3) Other aircraft specified by the Administrator through aircraft type certificate procedures.

Specifically, if multiple models are listed under a single TCDS, (IE DC-10, MD-10, MD-11, KC-10, KDC-10 are all A22WE), or similar models under a different TCDS (IE 757 A2NM, 767 A1NM), what designates whether a different type rating is required, and where would "Other aircraft specified by the Administrator through aircraft type certificate procedures" be found?

I have searched the forums here, the FAA website, and the CFR's, but can't find any specific information, only general requirements for testing, experience, etc.

ChD
"Never trust a clean Crew Chief"

jhooper

RE: Type Rating List

Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:55 pm

You'd have to look at a specific aircraft's type certificate.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

chdmcmanus

Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:04 am

Where in the TCDS is it located? I have looked at many of them and can't find anything stated about a Pilots type rating requirement.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet

Anyone know where this elusive Type rating is actually divulged?

Thanks
ChD
"Never trust a clean Crew Chief"

411A

Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:56 am

The individual type ratings available for certificated aircraft (and the associated multi-types allowed) are found in an Advisory Circular, the number of which I can't remember.
It is updated on a regular basis, and surely must be available on the internet....somewhere.