Topic Author

B737 Electrical System

Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:24 am

hi folks, my question might be a sort of broad but what do you exactly look for during the different phases of flight while operating the electrical panel of the 737? I assume prior to start up you check the voltage is good enough to start the APU, then you check the output oif the APU and conect it to the network, then once you start up the engines you hook the generators on line and check for proper functioning of the CSD, for proper output and frequency, for proper operation of the TR (what do you do in the event of an abnormal indication? just trip the affected generator or TR?) then you check for proper supply of current to the buses, and so on. than you kind of forget about the electrical system as long as you don't have a light. In that case what is the corse of action?
Thanks for your willingness

PS one of these days I will get a hold of a 737 ops and system manual and I won't bother you again with my questionw about the plane! ahhahha

RE: B737 Electrical System

Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:51 am

This might give you some idea. It's not quite the real thing but a rather close model made by fanatics who have too much time on their hands. You can feel confident that they have been following the real manuals pretty closely.

Note, it is not a real manual.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots." - John Ringo