Lufthansa
Topic Author

New Md80 Interiors At AA & SAS

Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:55 pm

Hi guys
I posted this also at the other site but i may get a better reply here.
------------------

I have a question to those out there that work in MD80 land.
I would like to know who provided the new interiors fitted to
AA md80s and SAS md80s.

Is it C&D aerospace by any chance?

I noticed last year on an AAmd80 flight that not only had it had new cabin bins fitted (very nice looking too I might add) but new side all panels (big improvement) and new lavs. Gave the aircraft a very modern look.

SAS too went on better and put new ceiling panels in as well, however they're using MD90 style bins. I think the nicer rounder shape and latch on the AA ones is better. So does anybody know the supplier/suppliers?

Also, for those interested, look at the flash intro on c&d aerospace's webpage.
One fine looking MD-80! I wonder if this same interior could be fitted to a fokker 100?

http://www.cdaerospace.com

LMP737

RE: New Md80 Interiors At AA & SAS

Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:01 pm

Lufthansa:

C&D Aerospace provides a good portion of the interiors for AA MD-80's. They provide the stowage units, closets, dividers, partitions, and sidewalls for the new interiors on the Super 80 fleet. In addition they furnish the overhead bin extensions for the "new" overhead bins. Instead of buying all new overhead bins AA just added extensions to the existing ones. All they had to do was buy new doors and hinges. Much more cost effective.

As for the seats B/E Aerospace provides the first class seats and Recaro the coach. Hope this helps a bit.  Smile
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

Lufthansa
Topic Author

Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:51 am

LMP737

Do you have any idea how much these upgrades cost american per aircraft? I was quite impressed with the difference, made the design feel 15 years newer.

LMP737

Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:54 am

Unfortunately I do not know how much the total cost per airplane was. While I do have access to list prices of the items used what the list price and what AA actually pays for something are usually two different things. Also for me to look up all the list prices for the parts involved would take a while. In addition my figures might be a little off.

LMP737

Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:46 am

Lusthansa:

Almost forgot about the cockpit doors. C&D Aerospace makes those as well for the MD-80.