cancidas

For The Pilots: Checklist Question

Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:06 pm

i currently work on the ramp at LGA for usair. when watching a/c landing or taking off i findmy self subconciously going through the checklists for that pahse of flight? not a problem, but somewhat annoying at times. anyone else experience this?
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

SlamClick

RE: For The Pilots: Checklist Question

Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:04 pm

Cancidas aviation is a disease. I'm sorry to inform you that you have a serious case of it.

Some times it goes away with repeated injections of disappointment and disillusionment. Often it is terminal. With any luck you might experience something that will drive you to get a real job. Probably not.

It is very widespread. Symptoms include sticking adhesive checklists to the dash in automobiles. Pretending to put flaps down when driving down a hill that is aligned with a runway. Owning a VHF scanner. Reading airliner.net forums. Watching for inaccuracies in movies with airplanes. Naming your pets "Cessna" or "Aileron." Being able to quote lines from the movie Airplane. (my wife reminded me that I do that.)

They go on an on. I can only hope it brings you some rewards to compensate for the silly things it makes you do. Recite checklits? Partner, you're just getting started!

[Edited 2004-06-07 16:07:28]
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

DeltaGuy

Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:01 am

Good one Slamclick! Big grin

So there's no cure huh? Looks like we'll all be stuck with this disease for life...might as well go back to studying for it  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

You know what they say...life hands you lemons, you make lemonade...so make good on your obsession, I always say.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

pilotpip

Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:53 pm

We don't do it for the money, we do it to feed the addiction. Jet fuel is like crack for me.  Big thumbs up
DMI

MD11Engineer

Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:53 pm

They call us "Aerosexuals"

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

freon

Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:49 pm

I preflight my car (when I have the time). I own a Grundig 800 (but I only use airband). I can quote from Airplane. I'm a glider pilot.

And, I'm in the CAP (C/COL).

Guilty as charged.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:59 pm

Are you kidding? I run checklists during all of my airline travel. I have owned almost every version of flight simulator. I have a 2' stack (at least) of aviation magazines.

Yeah, I got it good.

'Speed

planespotting

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:17 pm

I can quote lines not only from Airplane! but also Airport! i walk around sometimes and catch myself whistling the theme from Airport. Most importantly, it is very dangerous for me to drive past an airport, as all my concentration goes from driving to looking and seeing if there are any airplanes (doesn't matter what kind, i always look).
Do you like movies about gladiators?

CalPilot17

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:39 pm

"I need 29 and I need it badly,"
"Get Off your penguin asses,"

I very serious kind of the disease it have given me aviation dain bramage.
Gear Down For max career Advancment

cancidas

Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:57 pm

ah well, time to go get an airplane and fly myself away for a while. se you all later!!  Laugh out loud
"...cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

7574EVER

Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:14 am

Hello Everyone. My name is 7574EVER...and I have a problem.
Right rudder....Right rudder...Come on, more right rudder....Right rudder......Aw forget it, I quit!!

rendezvous

Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:55 am

Hi 7574EVER

*stands up*
My name is Rendezvous and I'm a planeoholic...

If you've got dreams you got to make them happen...

RiffedAAMech

Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:57 am

Aviation is a disease! You know it is when you keep getting laid off and you still want to work in this industry. Better sense would tell me not to.

meister808

Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:00 pm

RiffedAAMech: Your username says it all, I'm afraid.

But, yeah. I am downright dangerous when driving past airports. I make sure that everything in my car is off(a/c, windshield wipers, lights) before I turn off the ignition and check to verify it again when I get in again. I can quote from both Airplane and Top Gun. When I met my girlfriend, I was happy to hear she lived on a large ranch, becuase I could land a plane there.

Yep, I got it good.

-Meister
Twin Cessna 812 Victor, Minneapolis Center, we observe your operation in the immediate vicinity of extreme precipitation