TW741
Topic Author

Where Can I Get Detailled Info On Aircraft?

Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:16 am

I am looking for some more detailled info like performance, equipment, technical info in general and so on for the following aircraft types:
- Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante
- BAe Jetstream 31
- Dornier DO228 and DO328
- Shorts 330/360
Unfortunately none of these aircraft is still in production - so it also dissappeared from the homepages of the manufacturers.

Or would it make sense to contact for instance Embraer or British Aerospace if they have some info material left?
With Dornier and Shorts I assume it would/will be a problem as they dont exist anymore.

Thanks your advise
=TW741=

Edit: Oh yes I forgot one - the DeHavilland Dash-7 - might I get something from "Bombardier" on this aircraft or???

[Edited 2004-10-05 17:18:13]
TWA - we showed you how good we have been!

FinningleyMech

RE: Where Can I Get Detailled Info On Aircraft?

Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:35 am

Youve obviously not visited the aircraft information side of this website.

http://www.airliners.net/info/

After a quick glance, all the types you want are on there.

Unofficial A.net Finningley Rep

IFIXCF6

Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:44 am

I have no answers for your specific aircraft however, depending on how much info you want and if you are willing to pay for it, you might run an internet search for something like, "aircraft tech data". There are web sites that sell old Flight Ops manuals and GenFam guides. They can be expensive! You could also try Ebay.

If you are in maintenance, or know someone who is, it may be possible to obtain outdated AMM's. It's a longshot, as the info is proprietary and is supposed to be desposed of when a new revision is out. But I have obtained several manuals this way.

Mike

320tech

Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:41 am

Depending on what you want, you might want to stroll down to the local library and have a look at Jane's All the World's Aircraft. You would have to find the years that the aircraft were in production.
The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the manufacturer and impossible for the AME.

TW741
Topic Author

Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:04 pm

Thank you for your replies and suggestions

FinningleyMech - the information contained therein is good but to general.
320tech - oh yes Janes could be a good source too.
IFIXCF6 - I'll also search for that.

I adressed now my request to Embraer and to BAe direct and I was quite surprised that the VP Sales of BAe-Systems came back within 1 day with a very nice message reg J31 ...

Only problem left is now with Dornier and Shorts. Maybe I can get some info from Avcraft people at "Oberpfaffenhofen" in germany on the Do's.

The reason why I need pretty specific information is - we are doing a "feasability study" on setting up an airtransportcompany doing 3rd level traffic in the Alpine region of Europe with 20-30 seater aircraft ... it is just in theory but it is done in a way as it would be real ...

So gain thank you
=TW741=
TWA - we showed you how good we have been!

WrenchBender

Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:34 pm

Try Bombardier, the e-mail is CSC.TOC@services.bombardier.com this is where they deal with all out of production a/c (DHC-7, DHC-6, hopefully the Shorts as well).

WrenchBender
Silly Pilot, Tricks are for kids.......

TechRep

Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:45 pm

If your still interested, I can supply you more information than any web site concerning the Do328-100/300. E-mail me ASAP.

TechRep

SlamClick

Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:37 am

In times past I've found aircraft manuals for sale in used book stores and antique/junk shops. If by "detailed" you mean actual usable numbers and the like, sites like Janes are not likely to be much help. They usually only have the type of numbers one finds in press releases.

Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

aeroweanie

Where Can I Get Detailled Info On Aircraft?

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:05 pm

Find a copy of Jane's All The World Aircraft. Everything you want is in there.

LAXinYYZ

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:07 am

Without a doubt the best way that I have found info for older products is:
http://web.archive.org/

That have archives of web pages from 1996 on. It may not have much but I have been lucky in the past.

Chris
"Don't trust any statistic that you didn't falsify yourself"