Im currently working in an Airline operating B737 classics,The comming months I need to take a decision on joining an Airline having more modern Aircraft.
Till date I held back on moving on because my Kid was ill & I could not take a decision as I was needed to be in the city in case of an Emergency.
Attending Approved training requres 2-3 months of dedicated study time & my personal problem could not gaurentee that I would not be present on all days for the Approved training hence I could not decide.
Now 3 yrs hence,The childs condition has Improved miricalously & I feel confident of moving on.
I have Three options:-
Joining a Private Airline with B737NGs.I'll need to spend a year to get requisite practical Experience,simultaneously need to attend approved training on the Type,before satisfying DGCA officials & getting an endorsement on my A&C Licence.
The Drawback is since this Airline is already in Existence,I start at the Bottom of the Ladder in terms of Seniority & can only move up as the Guys in front leave or move on.
Joining a Govt controlled Airline operating A320s,& soon to acquire 40+ aircraft.Will need to attend approved training abroad.Before Endorsement of Existing Licence.
The Drawback is that its a new type of Aircraft from the one Im familiar with,The Recruitment process is very lengthy.Again Seniority problems mean starting at the bottom of the ladder.
Joining a proposed private Airline supposed to be launching in the next 5 months.Will need to attend approved training,prior to endorsement on A320s.
Since its a new airline the question of Seniority problems dont occur.
Drawback is that it would be a LCC,so salaries & security of the job matters.
Im sure most may be familiar with what the options are.There are a few more options which I have knocked off.
Now my choice is out of these Three.My Existing job is great,except the Nights are getting too much,& the Aircraft are B737classics.
Looking for Any Tips,Ideas,Advice,Suggestions from Pilots/Mx personnel out there to help me decide more correctly.
I plan to move in 4-5 months if things go as planned.
Looking Forward to your replies.