AmericanKing
Topic Author

Level Of Checks

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 am

Hello all.
I would like to know what are the different levels of aircraft checks for maintenance, how many hours for each, and how many hours it takes to complete the maintenance. Thanks!

EMBQA

RE: Level Of Checks

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:41 am

Try a search.. this was just asked a few weeks ago
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

Dalmd88

Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:17 pm

At DL we do a md88 HMV others call it a 'D' check every six years. With all the other stuff that reliablity and marketing add on it takes about a month.

UAL Bagsmasher

Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:57 am

Last night I was assigned to an A check on one of our CRJ's. I took one of the engines. I had to change the pressure and scavenge filters on the IDG, engine oil filter (sent in for analysis), engine fuel filter, and the oil on the pneumatic starter. Similar items were changed on the opposite engine. Other work to be done included flap track lube, landing gear lube, strut servicing, cabin pressure controller functional check, lube of parking brake handle and pilot seat tracks, galley inspection and cleaning, door lube, coelescer bag cleaning in the ACMs, and a bunch of other items. We lucked out last night and had 5 guys assigned to the aircraft. It sometimes comes in handy as you find other problems as you are working that need fixing before the a/c can leave in the morning. Several of the items we did had a 500 hour time to them. Hope this helps.

saintsman

Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:44 pm

As an alternative to A,B,C & D checks you can also have equalised servicing. This takes the whole content of the D check and spreads it out evenly over 4 checks, usually 18 months apart. There will still be some interim maintenance in between the checks.

As for hours it depends on the aircraft but there is more than just the check involved. A 20000 manhour check may generate 10000 manhours of rectification and other work. You also get more additional work as the aircraft gets older.

HAWK21M

Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:20 pm

This is probably the most common question on this Forum.
Try a search & you wont be disappointed.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)