RiffedAAMech
Topic Author

A&P's At UPS

Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:49 pm

Does anyone know how I can get a job as an a&p at UPS in Ontario, California? I saw that they are going to be hiring pilots soon so I figured that they will be hiring mechanics also. Anyone working there now that knows anything would be a great help.

IFIXCF6

RE: A&P's At UPS

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:26 am

I'll tell you what I remember. I'm not at UPS, but I know people who are. Basically, if you are not female, understand repetion. This location seems to be under a girl-only hiring policy. Louis Soohoo is the HR person (as last I knew). I know of a woman who applied to UPS-Ontario whom did not have an "Airframe" license, got it, and is now happily employed. This happend despite many RAMS mechanics applying. Go figure.

Note: I am not anti-female; just pro-qualifcation. I do not think that UPS-Ontario is.

My 2 cents. By the way, if you do get hired, look over the crowd. You may see me.

Mike

air2gxs

Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:53 am

Go to http://www.upsjobs.com and submit a resume.

EMBQA

Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:48 am

From what I have been told by several people, the best way in with both FDX and UPS is to get a part time job throwing packages, build your seniority, then after a year apply to transfer to the air operations side. One of the guys I worked with had a friend that worked as a rampie at Southwest while he went to A&P school. After he graduated, his year was up and he applied for a job as an A&P in Dallas. He got it with no heavy jet experience.

[Edited 2005-02-12 18:48:41]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

DC10GUY

Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:56 pm

IFIXCF6, Fedex hired all the RAMS team guys ... Or most of them.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!