Topic Author
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2001 7:59 am

How To Convert To UK License?

Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:05 pm

I currently live in Trinidad and I hold a Trinidad &Tobago CPL.
My base license is a Canadian CPL.
I have 500 hours.

I'm planning on visiting London later this year and wanted to go flying, privately in a 4 seater single engine plane, preferably a C172.

what would I need to do?
who would I need to contact?

I'm assuming the obvious check out flight, but what else would I need? Any written exams or medical required for just a recreational flight?

can someone recommend a flight school within London?
I can only imagine it may cost me my left nut to pay for it, but my cousin said she'd pay half  Smile

any help is appreciated.
Maintain own separation with terrain!
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:05 am

RE: How To Convert To UK License?

Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 am


Best thing to do is probably take a look at the CAA website. Most of your questions regarding conversions of licenses will be there.

Moheet  Smokin cool
Forever Flight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ACYUL, climbing230, rockyracoon, skyhawkmatthew and 13 guests