Aircraft(s) Flying For Iceland Express Now?

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:50 am

It was reported recently that Iceland Express have plans to lease JetX MD-82's from May 1st when their current contract with Astraeus was to expire. But now I just heard a rumor that the contract for terminated prematurely so I am wondering what aircrafts are flying for Iceland Express right now.

I'm also curious about what aircrafts JetX will use for Iceland Express if the contract comes through. Both their MD-82's (TF-JXA & TF-JXB) are busy in other assignments at the moment to my best knowledge.
Reykjavik Aviation Photography - Just bring the aircraft to us and we'll photograph them! :-)

RE: Aircraft(s) Flying For Iceland Express Now?

Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:29 am

The contract with AEU runs until the end of April. G-STRE which has been operating for Iceland Express is now repainted and flying for Flybe at BHX. We have sub chartered an Adria A320 to operate for IEX until the end of the contract

RE: Aircraft(s) Flying For Iceland Express Now?

Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:11 am

A month or two ago the owners of Iceland Express bought Danish Sterling European Airways.

Sterling has about ten B737NG, mostly -800, but also one or two -700.

It would be natural that as soon as old wet lease contracts expire, the Iceland Express routes will be operated by Sterling.

It is also very likely that we will soon see additional Iceland Express routes.
Always keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs