alasdaironeil

Flight Management Computer

Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:00 am

Hello

I was looking though the photos on airliners.net, and i notice that the learjet doesn't have an obvious FMC, if any at all. This is also the case for the Dassault Falcon 900EX.

I was wondering what kind of planes use an FMC??

Thanks

Alasdair
失去在翻譯 - Lost in Translation

avioniker

RE: Flight Management Computer

Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 pm

Flight Management Systems may be added at the manufacturer's discretion or as an aftermarket STC. Some companies decided to "save" money in manufacture by not adding that particular system into the original build Type Certificate.
It all comes down to "who's your customer", and "what's your market"?
One may educate the ignorance from the unknowing but stupid is forever. Boswell; ca: 1533

Ryanair737

RE: Flight Management Computer

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:14 am

Quoting Alasdaironeil (Thread starter):
I was looking though the photos on airliners.net, and i notice that the learjet doesn't have an obvious FMC, if any at all. This is also the case for the Dassault Falcon 900EX.

The Learjet's have their FMC/GPS units on the aft side of the throttle quadrant (see below).

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Miguel Snoep

The Falcon 900s also has a FMC unit, it is located on the left/right side of the throttle quadrant in the case of the older flightdeck versions (see below).

View Large View Medium

Photo © Steven Pam

On the Falcon 900EX with the brand new EASy (Enhanced Avionics System) flight deck (see below), they have a single or dual 12-channel global positioning system rather than a FMC unit.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Sam Chui

Quoting Alasdaironeil (Thread starter):
was wondering what kind of planes use an FMC??

Every single commercial aircraft in the skies uses some sort of navigation unit, obviously Cessna 152s etc. won't have a complex FMC, they might just have a simple GPS.

Its a requirement for the larger aircraft that fly at high altitudes to have some kind of more complex navigation unit e.g FMC/GPS.

Ryanair737
LAST FLIGHTS= Ryanair LPL-BGY-LPL - EI-DPS/DWV - MAY 08 // NEXT FLIGHTS= TBC