julesmusician

CIA Flights And Passenger Lists Ops Questions

Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:28 am

With all the news about the CIA flights into European airports taking headline news, there are two operational quesitons I would like to know:

1) Flights going into civilian airports must have an accurate passenger manifest list with who is on the flight and their names. Is this true and what law does it come under?

2) Aren't airport officials allowed to search any aircraft regardless of whether they are just "refuelling" and no one is getting out? or is this just a police or customs privilege? Would they have to get a warrant for a reason for doing so or are they allowed to issue the pilot with an instruction to let them aboard the aircraft.

Be interesting to know what any ground ops and pilots believe is the law here as I don't genuinely know.

J
African Civil Aviation Commission president "You don't want to fly out as a passenger and come back as cargo."

joness0154

RE: CIA Flights And Passenger Lists Ops Questions

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:45 am

My guess is that they would fall under some sort of military category and be exempt from those rules.

I know the DEA and FBI that flies out of my local airport has some special rules they fly under, and I know that approach control does not give them traffic advisories, etc, as to not denote their position. They also fly under the auspices of different 'fake' companies.
I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem