JMC757eng
Topic Author

Electrical Systems Engineer

Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:14 am

Hello all need some help if possible!

I wrote a post a while back asking you guys how easy it would be for me to change carreers and become an aircraft engineer (my dream job!). Well a position has arised at Airbus for an Electrical Systems Engineer. A job which i have all the necessary qualifications for and more, also the requirements are applicable to manufacturing engineers etc which i am at the moment. I am really interested in the position and definatley applying, but my question to you guys is, What does the job entail and can you give me some good ammo for the interview if i get that far.

All the help will be very much appreciated as i really want this position.
Thanks in advance

JMC

A319XFW

RE: Electrical Systems Engineer

Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:36 am

Is your job application for Filton or Broughton?
It would help more if you could link the actual job.

In any case it'd be for wing electrics, so anything dealing with landing gear, fuel, wiring routing (i.e. from pylon to fuselage), wingtip devices, landing lights etc and possibly the associated avionics or Flight Test Instrumentation.

JMC757eng
Topic Author

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:28 am

Its at the Bristol site. Sorry folks heres the link. Thanks again.

http://www.airbus.com/en/careers/exp...k/Electrical_Systems_Engineer.html

A319XFW

Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:27 am

Quote:
You’ll provide guidance on project and technical requirements to Project Offices, and System and Design Engineers. You will also participate in investigations of reported In Service Operator problems, and develop engineering solutions.

Sounds like it's in the Avionics and Electircal Systems Domain/Department.
They help with any in-service problems that the customers come with that need long-term solutions and that can't be solved by the In-service support teams in Toulouse (this would be through the project office, say A320).
They then also define what kind of systems will be needed for future projects (say the A350 strobe lights, so need the size etc for design engineers) and work with the suppliers on that.

I think for the interview you should just be open and honest and show interest (which you obviously have!).
Don't worry to ask questions (makes you look keen Big grin ).- the usual stuff for interviews really.

Sorry it isn't much but my mind is currently blank.

JMC757eng
Topic Author

Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:49 am

Thanks for the reply it has helped a lot. I will just give it my best shot thats all i can do, i know i have the ability so i will just go for it.

Thanks again A319XFW

JMC