greasespot

B727-200 Combi

Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:10 am

As we are getting rid of our B727's and we fly the only comercial -200 combi that is certified to class C. (with movable bulkhead) How would that affect potential purchaser's. I mean there is bi-laterals with the USA and if someone bought it there would the approval be a mere formality( you know spend a bunch of money) or would have to be a totally new certification effort to operate it in the USA.

Something i wondererd for a while.

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

avioniker

RE: B727-200 Combi

Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:29 am

If you're who I think you are, in Ottawa, that plane was built to Class E as defined in 1995. Nine 70# Halon bottles for crying out loud.
I'd sell it as a freighter. It's very well built with the heavyweight wings from Air Canada and if the checks are all up to date with the AD's it should go for a nice price.
The problem is, of course, there's a reason it's the only -200 combi in existance. And of course it must be expensive to operate in today's fuel cost world.

Smile
One may educate the ignorance from the unknowing but stupid is forever. Boswell; ca: 1533

greasespot

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:57 am

yes 

You seem to know an awful lot about me or my employer.

Yeah i have had to change all those halon bottles.

And it was a real treat to re-con to all the various seat lay outs on a almost nightly basis. (no quick change)

I think that is what will happen is it will be sold as a freighter....I was just wondering out lound so i posted it here. I was curious as to if anyone could operate it as a combi still in the USA if they bought it...
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

avioniker

Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:17 pm

It was certified under the "new" standards so it should be eligible to be registered in the US as a combi.
Let's just say I was there when it was built and a little closer than most...
Say hi to Peter for me if he's still in the Avionics section.
 Smile
One may educate the ignorance from the unknowing but stupid is forever. Boswell; ca: 1533