ericsan777

Avionics Help

Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:31 am

Hi Everyone! First off I would like to state that this is my first time posting here on airliners.net, and I have a question(s) for all of you.

I am currently studying at the Redstone Institute in Houston, Texas getting my A&P License, and only have 6 more months to go before I graduate. In the course of my program I have found an interest in avionics, and would like to persue that course in my career choice. Now I already have an FCC License which according to teachers I have spoken with is essential in working with aircraft instruments.

That being said, any advice in getting any practical experience in the field (part-time until I graduate would be preferred) would be helpful! Are there any companies that specialize in finding people jobs in this field?

Thank you in advance for any help you would have for me....

--Eric

n685fe

RE: Avionics Help

Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:05 pm

What kind of work do you think you want to do? Avionics bench, avionics line or avionics hangar. Having an FCC License is not a must have to do the work, though most airlines like to see it or use it as a prereq. I know lots of guys in various avionics shops who do not have an FCC. Most managers who are going to interview you look at your FCC and assume you have the basics down and are willing to go from there. Only during a very in depth interview would you be able to display your knowledge of how avionics systems are employed in a/c and utilized by the crew. If you are able to become an accurate troubleshooter, you would become an asset to your work group weather you had an FCC or not. You will set up most of the obstacles and limitations for yourself during your career, it will be up to you to overcome these and apply yourself to become the kind of mechanic you want to be. It will be up to you.

Welcome to A.net.
psp. lead by example