taguilo

757/67 Indicator Lights Question

Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Hi all,

I have some questions about indicator lights on the 757 (and/or 67)

1) Does BATT BUS power ALL indicator lights (except Batt OFF and right Utility Off), or there are some powered by other buses? (for example, Fuel Pumps OFF lights, or Hyd Pumps OFF lights, Window Heat Off Lights, etc)

2) In case other buses do power indicator lights, which ones are powered by which buses?

3) Each time a generator (Left/Right/APU or ExtPwr) comes on line, CRTs and instrument lights tied to Main AC buses blink for some milliseconds. Do indicator lights blink as well, even if not tied to main AC buses?

Many Thanks
Tom

fr8mech

RE: 757/67 Indicator Lights Question

Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:01 am

Different busses power the various lights. There are too many lights for me to reliably recall which are powered by which buss.

Quoting Taguilo (Thread starter):
Do indicator lights blink as well, even if not tied to main AC buses?

I honestly can't recall, but I'm almost sure they don't. We are trained to check the starter light at cut-off, which is right about when the genrator assumes responsibiity for the buss. The starter light does not blink, nor does the standby engine indicator show any sign of power loss.
When seconds count...the police are minutes away.

HAWK21M

Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:26 am

Quoting Taguilo (Thread starter):
Each time a generator (Left/Right/APU or ExtPwr) comes on line, CRTs and instrument lights tied to Main AC buses blink for some milliseconds. Do indicator lights blink as well, even if not tied to main AC buses?

No.The Indicator lights do not flicker.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

taguilo

Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:44 am

Thank you George & Mel.

Now, could you tell me whether Fuel Pumps PRESS lights (757) illuminate when the a/c is cold and dark, and the BATT is switched ON? As those pumps are tied to Main AC buses, I understand their indicator lights are tied the same as well?

Tom