dw747400

Question About Aviation Consultants

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:02 am

Originally posted in CivAv--thought I might have better luck here.

A friend of the family is looking to upgrade from his King Air F90 to either a VLJ or a light jet, and was considering hiring a consultant to evaluate aircraft the various models for him. Does anyone know of any firms that do this? My search turned up a few but I'd rather get some word of mouth recommendations. Additionally, do you have a rough estimate on what a basic analysis and recommendation would cost? I got the impression he is looking for a consultant independent of the aircraft broker in order to get a second opinion, so fees associated with the sale/financing of the aircraft wouldn't be involved, just those for the research/report.

I think he is happy with his current broker, but would like to speak with someone else before plunking down 2 to 4 million just to "make sure"--assuming hiring a consultant is not to pricey (hence the question).

Thanks in advance!
CFI--Certfied Freakin Idiot

2H4

RE: Question About Aviation Consultants

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:06 am

I would imagine he could get a free, albiet biased, analysis from each of the VLJ manufacturers. It would be interesting to shop around between several of them, gather data, mission profile comparisons, etc, and compare the resulting recommendations.

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

HAWK21M

RE: Question About Aviation Consultants

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:30 pm

Quoting Dw747400 (Thread starter):
Does anyone know of any firms that do this

Try Contacting B747-437B [Sean Mendis].If not Wrong He works as an Aviation Consultant,Maybe He could Guide you to a Firm.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)