deaphen

How Do You Start A Commercial Plane?

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:07 am

I am concerned maily about the 747, 777, 737, A340 and A330. Suppose you walk into a plane parked and a bay.. and have to strt it up.. what do u do? turn a key? press some buttons?

Always wondered.. but never known!

thanks
regards
nitin
I want every single airport and airplane in India to be on A.net!

A3204eva

RE: How Do You Start A Commercial Plane?

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:15 am

APU - on
Packs - off
APU bleed
Start selector
Fuel on

Smile
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

raventom

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:15 am

For the 747-400 you would need to do something along the lines of:

Turn ON the BATTERY. Turn the STANDBY POWER switch to AUTO. Set all four ELEC ENG CONTROL switches to NORM. Set the BUS TIE switches to AUTO.
Set the GENERATOR CONTROL switches ON. Ensure that the Hydraulic DEMAND pump switches are set to OFF. Turn the ENGINE hydraulic pump selectors ON.
Turn on EXT PWR 1 and, if available, EXT PWR 2. turn ON UTILITY L and R.
Turn on all fuel XFEED (crossfeed) switches. Ensure all fuel pumps are OFF
Rotate the APU switch to START. Turn ON APU GEN 1 and APU GEN 2.
Ensure the ISLN switches are open. Turn ON APU Bleed. Turn ENGINE BLEED ON for all four engines. Turn ON MAIN and OVRD fuel pumps for each tank that contains fuel. Set Hydraulid DEMAND Pump selector 4 to AUX. Set Hydraulic DEMAND Pump selectors 1-3 to AUTO. Turn OFF all but one PACK selector
Turn OFF autostart. Turn ON continuous ignition.

Pull the Engine Start Selector for Engine 4.
When the N2% RPM indicator on the EICAS reaches the magenta line (around 14%), switch the Fuel Control Switch for Engine 4 to RUN.
Repeat this for engines 1, 2 and 3.

Turn OFF the APU.
Turn OFF APU Bleed Air.
Turn all PACK selectors to NORM
Set Hydraulid DEMAND Pump selector 4 to AUTO.

It's not like turning the key to your car exactly...  Wink
I love the smell of burnt kerosene!!!!!!!!!!!!

lincoln

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:44 am

Quoting Raventom (Reply 2):
Turn ON the BATTERY. Turn the STANDBY POWER switch to AUTO. Set all four ELEC ENG CONTROL switches to NORM. Set the BUS TIE switches to AUTO

Out of curiosity, are the switch labels univerally in English or are they labeled in the native language of the operator?

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

Stitch

Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:46 am

Quoting Lincoln (Reply 4):
Out of curiosity, are the switch labels univerally in English or are they labeled in the native language of the operator?

Should be English as that is the universal language of aviation.

N766UA

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:01 am

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 6):
Let me guess, you are interested in take-offs, but not in landings?

I was thinking that exact same thing....

No offense or anything, guys, but in today's world is it really so smart to be giving away detailed checklists on this kind of thing?
This Website Censors Me

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:08 am

Quoting N766UA (Reply 7):
No offense or anything, guys, but in today's world is it really so smart to be giving away detailed checklists on this kind of thing?

Todays world is today world.. u cant really stop anyone from learning anything or gaining any knowledge. Specially with the www.

If u cant find it here.. im pretty sure you can find much more detailed documents on how to start a commercial airliner somwhere on the web.

The truth is (and i am no referring to you or anyone in particular) these days you have to beat the paranoia.. if someone wants to jack a plane.. he or she will do it come what may.. he wont go aorund posting stuff in the most obvious forums  Smile

regards
nitin

SonOfACaptain

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:11 am

Quoting A3204eva (Reply 1):

Ah, I see Flight Simulator has come in handy for you guys.  wink 

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

bringiton

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:12 am

I wonder why such a long list of things that need to be done , maybe in the future they can have a computer ask for a pasword and bingo!!!

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:13 am

N766UA

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:13 am

Quoting Deaphen (Reply 8):
he wont go aorund posting stuff in the most obvious forums

I beg to differ. Anyone looking for the information will find it any way they can, granted they can find it elsewhere too but we don't need to be pilfering it to them here. You could say that anyone looking to fly an airplane into something wouldn't learn how by going to the most obvious schools (same train of thought), but hey, they did.

There are some shady people out there and we need to be aware of that is all I'm saying, especially on an internationally known website like this one.

[Edited 2006-10-08 22:14:16]
This Website Censors Me

SonOfACaptain

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:16 am

Ctrl+E.....right?

-SOAC
Non Illegitimi Carborundum

N766UA

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:17 am

Quoting Bringiton (Reply 10):
maybe in the future they can have a computer ask for a pasword and bingo!!!

To heck with being any more of a button pusher/computer attendant than is already required.
This Website Censors Me

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 am

Quoting N766UA (Reply 12):
I beg to differ. Anyone looking for the information will find it any way they can, granted they can find it elsewhere too but we don't need to be pilfering it to them here. You could say that anyone looking to fly an airplane into something wouldn't learn how by going to the most obvious schools (same train of thought), but hey, they did.

There are some shady people out there and we need to be aware of that is all I'm saying, especially on an internationally known website like this one.

Agreed... but i dont think we must be careful about what we should say or do... its kind of like free speech...

N766UA... no offence to you...  Smile just want to reiterate that.. its so easy to start arguing on here..

regards
nitin

AsstChiefMark

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 am

Quoting Stitch (Reply 5):

Unless you're in one of those weird airplanes with the puke-green cockpits.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Viktor László - Budapest Aviation Photography

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

N766UA

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:21 am

Quoting Deaphen (Reply 15):
N766UA... no offence to you... just want to reiterate that.. its so easy to start arguing on here..

Likewise, I'm not being critical of you personally, but I do think we should all be wary of what we say, that's all. It's not really a matter of free speech, it's a matter of the reality of the situation in the world today, particularly in our favorite pass-time.
This Website Censors Me

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 16):

haha.. thats insane... and to think that panel has a computer behind it! quite amazing! come to think of it.. advanced computers were used in aviation long before we guys got our pc's of today... they were prpbably using our computing power which we use today at that time... while we were struggling with the old 286's!

regards
nitin

Aeroflot777

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 16):

Ahem... They are anything but weird. They are awesome cockpits, with great controls. A lot more interaction between pilots and control in Russian birds...

Aeroflot777

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:24 am

Quoting N766UA (Reply 17):
Likewise, I'm not being critical of you personally, but I do think we should all be wary of what we say, that's all. It's not really a matter of free speech, it's a matter of the reality of the situation in the world today, particularly in our favorite pass-time.

true that!

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:26 am

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 19):

Ahem... They are anything but weird. They are awesome cockpits, with great controls. A lot more interaction between pilots and control in Russian birds...

Aeroflot777

I agree with you aeroflot! I think the russian aviation industry is really great. I mean they have such good machines.. unfortunate that the situations worked out such that they are considered "inferior"! Not true at all though. Anyways.. ia m looking forward to flying on one of your countries planes! hopefully in the future!

AsstChiefMark

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:34 am

I phrased that wrong. I meant to say, "one of those airplanes with the weird puke-green interiors." The choice of color could be a little more appealing.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

MDorBust

Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:41 am

Step One: go over to the push back tug.

Step Two: Connect the black wire to the black terminal on the tug, and the black terminal on the aircraft.

Step Three: Repeat with the red wire.

Step Four: Have your buddy try the ignition

If it doesn't start, you may need to let it charge for a while. Revving the tug engine up while attempting to start may also help.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

hmmmm...

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:05 am

Well, forgive me for saying so, but your question was put into a various suspicious context:

"Suppose you walk into a plane parked and a bay.. and have to strt it up.."

Since all commercial jets have pretty much the same start up procedure, you could have asked "What is involved in starting a jet" But you did not. You inquired specifically about certain models, perhaps certain models, you or a friend, who may work at a airport, may have access to?

You are probably not a terrorist. But you are interested in exactly the type of thing that a terrorist would be interested in. And airliners.net would be one, if not the first, place they would go to get that information. In this day, after 9/11, hijacking a plane is probably impossible at worst, and a bad idea at best. But commandeering an empty plane from an airport is one scenario I know has a good chance of working. If the target is only miles from the airport, the military will have no chance of intercepting it.

Yes, this information is not secret information. But you must admit, the question does not sound kosher in the context in which it was posed.
An optimist robs himself of the joy of being pleasantly surprised

iRISH251

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:17 am

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 24):
You are probably not a terrorist. But you are interested in exactly the type of thing that a terrorist would be interested in. And airliners.net would be one, if not the first, place they would go to get that information. In this day, after 9/11, hijacking a plane is probably impossible at worst, and a bad idea at best. But commandeering an empty plane from an airport is one scenario I know has a good chance of working. If the target is only miles from the airport, the military will have no chance of intercepting it.

Starting the aircraft would be only the first step - there would be (usually) pushback, taxi, takeoff and then some fairly precise manoeuvering to be accomplished to give effect to the type of scenario you are suggesting.

deaphen

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:18 am

Oh come on! I asked for those jets specifically because i WILL be flying on those later this month! And i am just curious! Infact i am even considering becoming a pilot.

If i am going to have to watch what i say on here because it may be "suspicious" that is just stupid and a sign of just paranoia! And as for my statement above about flying later this month.. i am flying around the world with my parents for a conference in brazil! I have no intentions of jacking a plane dude!

I asked about starting one when at a bay because i meant to imply that when a plane is completely off!

Anyways.. all i can say is lighten up.. be less paranoid.

regards
nitin

dl757md

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting Deaphen (Reply 18):
haha.. thats insane... and to think that panel has a computer behind it! quite amazing! come to think of it.. advanced computers were used in aviation long before we guys got our pc's of today... they were prpbably using our computing power which we use today at that time... while we were struggling with the old 286's!

It's actually quite the opposite. Due to the stringent certification requirements of aircraft they are designed with older yet proven technology. Add to that the development time of airliners and most of the computer technology in type is at least 5-10 years old before it ever flies. For instance the processor in IFE on our 764 is a 386. That aircraft entered into service in 2000, at least 13 years after that processor became available. IFE usually has the latest computer technology on an airliner because it is spec'd by the airline and is upgraded on a fairly regular basis. Another example is the FMS system on the 764. When we upload new databases to the NAV database we use 3.5" floppies. It takes usually about 15 minutes for the onboard data-loader to read two of these disks. That's less than 3MB in 15 minutes!

Commercial airplanes are wonderful pieces of engineering. But the true engineering feet that goes into them is integrating all the different technologies into a producible, functional, reliable piece of equipment. It's not in the groundbreaking technology because there is little if any of that to speak of.

DL757Md
757 Most beautiful airliner in the sky!

hmmmm...

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:47 am

Quoting Deaphen (Reply 26):
I asked for those jets specifically because i WILL be flying on those later this month!

So you were interested in how to start those airplanes, because you will be flying on all those planes later this month? Tell me that makes sense. And even if you were flying on all those planes later this month, why would you want to know how to start them?

Theoretically, all one would need to do is start the plane. Once started, one could steer onto a runway and take-off hellbent for the city skyline. That is not paranoia, that is a real threat.

Boston92

Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:51 am

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 13):
Ctrl+E.....right?

yeah, I believe so!
"Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save you 30 cents?"

dl757md

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:21 am

Ctrl+E.....right?

No-No. It's much more comlpicated than that.
1. Press the power button.
2. Enter power-on password if any.
3. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete
4. Enter username and password
5. Click the start button
6. Go to All Programs/Microsft Games/FS9 and click on the little airplane thingy.
7. Real professionals can skip steps 5 and 6 and just click the airplane thingy on their desktop.
8. Click Create Flight.
9. Choose your aluminum for the day. (make sure you have the type rating)
10. Click OK.
11. Click Fly Now.
12. THEN pres Ctrl+E. Unless of course the default settings are still inplace in which case the ground crew has, started the thing up and taxied it into position on 34R at SEA. Don't forget your checklists before you shove the throttle(s) forward, the groundcrew are a bunch of idiots and forgot to configure the darn thing for takeoff.

DL757Md
757 Most beautiful airliner in the sky!

Cadet57

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:27 am

Quoting Stitch (Reply 5):

Yes, but I've seen a closeup of the IL-96 flightdeck and it was in Cryllic.

Ctrl+E.....right?

rotfl  Dont for get to close the doors! LSHIFT+E
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

AirNZ

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:47 am

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 28):
So you were interested in how to start those airplanes, because you will be flying on all those planes later this month? Tell me that makes sense. And even if you were flying on all those planes later this month, why would you want to know how to start them?

Theoretically, all one would need to do is start the plane. Once started, one could steer onto a runway and take-off hellbent for the city skyline. That is not paranoia, that is a real threat.

Oh please, come on! The guy was asking a simple question out of pure curiosity, and one which is quite normal sense irrespective of what you may believe. I'm sorry, and with all due respect, but you've turned it into the typical paranoia.
At the end of the day, irrespective of all the 'expertise' bandied about here the % of members on this forun who actually know how to fly a modern commercial jetliner would be relatively small.....anyone wanting information for such 'suspicious' purposes could find it easier elsewhere!
Yeah sure, one could theoretically just start a plane and then take off helbent for a city skyline (your words).......some feat from just asking a simple question on A.net, and you try to say your post isn't paranoia?????
Flown:F27/TU134/Viscount/Trident/BAC111/727/737/747/757/767/777/300/310/320/321/330/340/DC9/DC10/Dash8/Shorts330/BAe146

satx

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:55 am

I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about, but sometimes it seems like flying a plane on a clear day is pretty goddamn simple in the grand scheme of things. It's the professionalism, consistency, and knowledge of what to do in extreme circumstances that's the trick to getting people to pay your for it. Writing code seems much more complicated than flying a plane in my view, but if the code I write breaks, nobody dies and millions of dollars worth of debris doesn't get sorted into hundreds of cardboard boxes.

Congrats and sincere thanks to those who fly these oddball contraptions for a living and especially to those who come on here to tell the rest of us how it works and why it works that way. A.net wouldn't be the same without you.

As for those who think knowledge is dangerous and therefore should be kept secret, please go find a nice dictatorship to live under and leave the rest of us freedom loving folks alone.

As for those who present FS information as though it's how planes really work, please be sure to state where you got your (mis-)information from!

-SATX
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

Cadet57

Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:57 am

Quoting Satx (Reply 33):
As for those who present FS information as though it's how planes really work, please be sure to state where you got your (mis-)information from!

Shut up! You mean its not Ctrl+E to start my DC-10? WTF! I bought FS9 for realism!

Wink

MDorBust

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:07 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 34):
Shut up! You mean its not Ctrl+E to start my DC-10? WTF! I bought FS9 for realism!

hmmmm... Will that work on MD-10's also or is there a different procedure after the glass cockpit conversion?
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

satx

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:20 am

Quoting Cadet57 (Reply 34):

Ha ha ha.  Wink

Cadet57

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:25 am

Quoting MDorBust (Reply 35):
Will that work on MD-10's also or is there a different procedure after the glass cockpit conversion?

Not in FS9  Wink

hmmmm...

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:08 am

know how to fly a modern commercial jetliner would be relatively small.....anyone wanting information for such 'suspicious' purposes could find it easier elsewhere!

Not at all. You don't need to know how to fly a jetliner to do what I suggested. And airliners.net is such a place that a wannabe, home-schooled jihadist would go. My scenario is easily accomplished, all it takes is the will to do it. And regardless of how possible it is or isn't, the intent may be there. I am simply acknowledging that. You saw the picture I posted. Your lack of imagination is not my paranoia.

satx

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:22 am

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 38):
wannabe, home-schooled jihadist

That's funny, but really, give it up already. If all it takes is reading a thread on A.net to successfully hijack another plane then there's something else wrong with the system besides A.net.

falstaff

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:27 am

I always thought you just turned the key  Silly

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 28):

Not exactly an airplane, but a train can do some damage too. Back in the early 90s there was a story in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch about two teens who started a Union Pacific locomotive in yard in St. Louis and they operated all the way through the yard, across the MacArther Bridge and into East St. Louis, before they crashed it into a some parked railroad cars. All the switches were just lined up right and the door on the locomotive was left unlocked. It must have been a couple of railfan teenagers because I don't think the average person can start a diesel locomotive. Its not like they were terrorists or anything, but they damaged a very expensive locomotive, and could have killed people none the less.

There was not much of an "internet" back then, but the BBS pages were up and running, maybe those kids got their info from one of them?

I have seen Aircraft manuals for sale. I saw a TWA 767 and MD-80 manual for sale for $30 a piece including a set of flash cards for operation of the MD-80. That was not on the internet either. I have seen locomotive manuals too. I bought my dad a EMD GP-9 operators manual last Christmas (he sells locomotive lighting, starting, and charging equipment). That stuff may be old, but there are plenty of GP-9s kicking around out there, especially on small railroads. A book like that in the wrong hands could be dangerous.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

hmmmm...

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:36 am

It wouldn't be a hijack at all. That is the point. And I am not blaming a.net for helping him with such information. The information is available from other sources, but that does not mean that such a person would not come here for it. All banks have money, so one can apply for a loan from any bank. Airliners.net is a large bank.

The 9/11 commission cited as its number 1 cause for not being able to prevent such an attack as simply "A failure of imagination". Few had imagined such a scheme. If someone was to do what I suggested, the same conclusion would be drawn. Everyone is focused on preventing hijackings, while a terrorist simply takes an empty plane parked on a tarmac and flies it into the Sears Tower. Again, a failure of imagination and another commission. And the flight instructers in Florida who trained those suspicious students would be paralled here.

osiris30

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:36 am

Quoting N766UA (Reply 17):

Seriously dude:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=747+preflight+checklist&meta=

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...q=747+engine+start+procedure&meta=

It's not hard to find that information.
I don't care what you think of my opinion. It's my opinion, so have a nice day :)

DeC

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 am

People lighten up. Full official airplane manuals are available to download for free in the net, airlines' official things which have EVERYTHING in it with much greater detail and all straight from the source. I won't tell you where but do a little google search if you want to see if i am right. So nobody needs to rely on a simply a.net reply, despite how detailed it might be, when you have the full thing available off the manual and by a single series of mouse clicks - if they're going to hijack an airplane.
DEC

ual757

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:11 am

To start the plane up I push the two cool lookin' buttons on my yoke thingy!

Smile

allstarflyer

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:16 am

Quoting Deaphen (Thread starter):
press some buttons

In the right order  wink  .

Quoting Hmmmm... (Reply 24):
But commandeering an empty plane from an airport is one scenario I know has a good chance of working. If the target is only miles from the airport, the military will have no chance of intercepting it.

Yes, this information is not secret information. But you must admit, the question does not sound kosher in the context in which it was posed.

Yes, the info here does present a valid concern, but, really, the odds of someone being able to get to an a/c, start it up, taxi, position, take-off and find their target all w/o being intercepted are astronomical.

Take O'Hare (where I've worked) for example. To get to an a/c on the gate wouldn't be so hard if a hijacker(s) would be amongst passengers - the hijacker(s) would be in the gate area and then boarding to actually get on the a/c. But what then - reverse thrust out of the gate? Ramp towers would see them in a heartbeat and they would be reported to ATC tower. Ground vehicles could/would intercept them and (at the least) could cripple the undercarriage of the a/c (in some manner or other) before any t/o could occur.

If a hijacker, though, could get to an aircraft at a hangar (where they, perhaps, would not need to use reverse thrust to get moving), ATC would still spot the a/c moving along active taxiways. And if the a/c was positioning to take-off, the  redflag   redflag  goes off and the next call is to get some military jets in there to intercept - which they would absolutely do before the hijacked a/c could move east towards downtown.

Take a smaller airport for example - let's say GSP (where also I've worked). The runway down there (I was told) was built to be around 11,000 ft. to accomodate widebody a/c arriving to bring parts to the BMW plant up the road. That means widebody a/c use smaller airports. But should a hijacker use a smaller airport like that, the smaller airports (even when the tower is not in operation at night) have security in vehicles perusing the taxiways (every so often), as well as in the terminals. And the larger a/c in smaller airports (from the admitted little I've seen) are not often left unattended - they're usually parked at a gate because there's not really hangar or remote parking space available at smaller airports - somebody working at FedEx or wherever these a/c are parked would notice an a/c leaving w/no explanation. And even if a take-off was accomplished, ATC would probably spot the a/c on radar and make an inquiry. Anything could happen, but in today's security-enhanced environment, there's a lot working against such happening and the odds are unlikely.

Quoting DeC (Reply 43):
People lighten up. Full official airplane manuals are available to download for free in the net, airlines' official things which have EVERYTHING in it with much greater detail and all straight from the source. I won't tell you where but do a little google search if you want to see if i am right. So nobody needs to rely on a simply a.net reply, despite how detailed it might be, when you have the full thing available off the manual and by a single series of mouse clicks - if they're going to hijack an airplane.

And is it really going to happen? Anything's possible, but I doubt it.

-R
Living the American Dream

peteg913

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:33 am

I would suggest purchasing Flight Simulator 2004, or rather, Flight Simulator X as it comes out in 8 days! You will enjoy it.

Pete

MCOflyer

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:42 am

I guess this would be the correct procedure:

!. check plane
2. start battery
3. start apu
4. turn off battery
5. check gauges
6. bleeds on
7. start selector on #1
8. starter on
9. fuel pump on
10. if engine is running, check gauges for proper read outs

Thats my guess

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

KingAirMan

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:21 am

wow we are drifting way off the forum topic! The original poster only had one question.

AirWillie6475

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:38 am

Quoting A3204eva (Reply 1):

My goodness, 16-20 year olds answering this question. That's A-net for you.

Quoting SonOfACaptain (Reply 9):

Ah, I see Flight Simulator has come in handy for you guys.

Actually in flight sim all you do is start ignition and add fuel Smile I's a little more simple.

CF188A

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:39 am

for those who say the GVT does not want the publics eye on this stuff... well I found an F-16 command handbook. Enjoy

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/do...6v5.pdf#search=%22F-16%20manual%22
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow~ RIP ... LJFM

YWG

Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:54 am

Sure enough this question does ring a few alarms in my head as well. But we must not forget that most airlines have checklists right in the cockpit depending on whether the crew has a copy of their own, I don't know. And if not the POH (Pilot's Operating Handbook) certainly does, which in Canada and most normal countries must be onboard. It's just a matter of looking up the checklist in the index. The challenge comes in finding the quoted buttons in the list among the hundreds of switches and butons in the modern day cockpit of a commercial airliner which can be more difficult than expected.

B
Contact Winnipeg center now on 134.4, good day.