Starglider
Topic Author

The Avro Arrow Used In "The Arrow" Mini-series

Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:42 am

It had been a while so i watched the mini-series "The Arrow" about the CF-105 again recently.

The Arrow used in the mini-series is obviously a replica, it looked quite realistic in most shots (mixed in with documentary footage of the real bird) except for the drooping wingtips which looked as if they could fold down somewhat ala XB-70. Does this replica exist today and if so has it been placed in a museum?

Regards,
Starglider

boeingfixer

RE: The Avro Arrow Used In "The Arrow" Mini-series

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:33 am

Hey Starglider,

The replica is in storage at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada. It has since had that awful wing-tip droop corrected.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schlegl...26489485/in/set-72057594142109310/

Cheers,

John
Cheers, John YYC

Starglider
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:21 am

Quoting BoeingFixer (Reply 1):
The replica is in storage at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada. It has since had that awful wing-tip droop corrected.

BoeingFixer, thanks for sorting this out. Indeed, the wing-tip droop looked weird, knowing it was non-existent on the real machine. Strange they did not correct that before they made the mini-series. It would have looked almost identical to the real thing. Makes me wonder, was this replica specially made for the mini-series or did it already exist to honor the great technological achievement, which the CF-105 truely was.

Regards,
Starglider

boeingfixer

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:55 am

Quoting Starglider (Reply 2):
Makes me wonder, was this replica specially made for the mini-series or did it already exist to honor the great technological achievement, which the CF-105 truely was.

Starglider, I am pretty sure that the replica was commissioned for the mini series. I actually used to volunteer at that museum back in the early-mid 90's. Maybe some of the people I worked with are still there and can confirm this. I'll post here if I find out anything.

Cheers,

John
Cheers, John YYC