highflyer9790

Logging FAA Flight Time In Europe- Questions

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:01 pm

Hi again,

There is a possibility i may be doing some general aviation flying in greece this summer (Cessna, Etc.) If that happens, will the time i log there be valid in the eyes of the FAA such as solo time, etc.? how about future employers at airlines- would they recognize it? for some reason, i think the FAA/JAA rules of transfering flight time are complicated...

thanks!

highflyer

mjzair

RE: Logging FAA Flight Time In Europe- Questions

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 am

Not complicated at all.
Flight time is flight time. Pilots that fly from the US to Europe log the flight time just like they would if they were in the US.
I am a dualy rated JAA/FAA Commercial pilot, and there is no issue with logging the time in Europe.
I think that you would have more issues transferring flight time from the US to Europe rather than the other way around. Just remember, solo time means that you are the sole occupant of the aircraft.
Other differences in Europe you cannot log PIC (P1) time if you are receiving instruction, that is not the case in the US. Also, I would look into seeing if you need a JAA PPL or if Greece does recogize the FAA PPL.

Yikes!

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:06 am

You log your flight time according to the rules of your licence issuing authority. If there is a question of flight time legitimacy, obtain receipts, signatures, validations from your point-of-source prior to returning state-side.

[Edited 2007-06-20 01:07:36]

jhooper

Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:29 pm

Put the time in your logbook just the way you flew it and no one will question it.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.