Kay
Topic Author

Handling Two Parallel Logbooks?

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:45 pm

I have one logbook from one country, and then another from another country that was started eventhough the first was still half way through.

I'd like to have all the flights of the second logbook copied back to the first where it was left off. But as I see it, all the flights have a stamp from clubs/instructorrs, and the entries that I will copy manually won't.

Any problem? What is the proper and "legal" way of doing this?

Kay

thegreatchecko

RE: Handling Two Parallel Logbooks?

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:29 am

Kay,

I'm not familiar with the specific regs from your country, but what I would suggest is keep the second logbook with all the stamps in a safe place but transfer all the information to ease keeping track of your flight times into the first logbook. If you wanted to, you could make a note after the copied entries to reference the second logbook.

Again, I'm not familiar with the specific regs, but I can't see how they could prevent you from copying the entries simply to ease record keeping. Just keep the old logbook and make sure you bring it along to any situation where the stamps might be needed, such as when getting a new certificate or interviewing for a job.

Checko
"A pilot's plane she is. She will love you if you deserve it, and try to kill you if you don't...She is the Mighty Q400"

Kay
Topic Author

RE: Handling Two Parallel Logbooks?

Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:51 am

Quoting TheGreatChecko (Reply 1):

Thanks TheGreatChecko, I inquired and that's exactly what I was advised. No stopping me from copying things myself, but as long as I have the original documents/stamp for the flights.

Turned out simple  Smile
Kay