B737200
Topic Author

Aerospace Article

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:58 pm

I need an engineering article for my Academic English Writing study unit at University. It needs to have as many references as possible, be at least 10 pages long and in the words of my lecturer be "Academic".

I need to summarize it and was thinking an aerospace related article would be great. Do any of you guys know where I could get one?

Thanks for any possible help.
Lady Guinness is ready to fly...

tdscanuck

RE: Aerospace Article

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:51 pm

I haven't read it yet, but this is supposed a good one: Great Article On A380 (by Victor009 Oct 11 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Tom.

roseflyer

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:55 pm

It sounds like you are after a journal article. Journal articles are not easily found on the internet. If you go to a university, then you should go to the library and go check to see what journals they get. There are plenty of engineering journals out there.

Go to the AIAA website to find some good sources as it is one of largest aviation professional socieities. The Journal of Aerospace Engineering is my recommendation.

Don't go and get an article from a magazine. Google is not the best source if you want a quality well researched article.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

B737200
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:22 am

Thanks for the A380 article, I'll read through it and see if it fits the bill.

Tried googleing but as you have said I couldn't really find anything valuable, on Monday I'll head over to the library, in the mean time I'll go over those links provided. I was afraid of the internet's lack of ability in providing the right documents.

Anyway thanks for your help as usual VERY helpful.
Lady Guinness is ready to fly...