sovietjet

Owning Your Own Jet(noise Related Question)

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:20 am

Let's say I was super rich like JT and wanted my own plane as well. But instead of a hush-kitted JT-3D I want a 707 with the JT-3Cs and water injection  Cool . Would I be able to fly that thing around? Obviously it won't meet noise standards but what if I just pay the fines? Another thing, what if I wanted to have say....a Tu-134 or something as a private jet? Would that have to undergo some special certification procedure to be able to fly around the world? Just weird questions I come up with while daydreaming in class....

askr

RE: Owning Your Own Jet(noise Related Question)

Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:08 am

Some airports might not let you use them (appart from emergencies) if you do not meet noise and enviromental restrictions.

If you would like to use a Tu-134 or anything like that - you would have to have it registered and meet the maintenance standards of the country.
You should'nt have any problems with flying it anywhere if you do it in the US or EU
ATC-PL Wanabe :) - 2nd application is in... 11 July...

longhauler

RE: Owning Your Own Jet(noise Related Question)

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:58 pm

I remember many years ago when flying out of CYTZ, Toronto City Centre Airport. At this airport, there is a "no jet" noise abatement rule.

A Citation II/SP was entering the airspace and was reminded of the noise, "no jet" rule. An odd rule at best, as the C206 amphibs in the harbour are FAR noisier than any Citation.

When the pilot was advised what the fine was, his only answer was ... "Do you take VISA?"
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!