RiffedAAMech
Topic Author

Jetblue Flight Question

Sat May 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Can anybody here get maintenance info for me on a jetblue flight? I was on flight 307 last night from iad to lgb. On our final approach the emergency exit lights were turned on. Also after we landed and exited the runway, I could see fire trucks with their lights on at the end of the runway, like they were waiting for us. Could somebody tell me whether there were any maintenance issues on that flight. Thanks!

B6JFKH81

RE: Jetblue Flight Question

Sat May 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Quoting RiffedAAMech (Thread starter):
On our final approach the emergency exit lights were turned on.

From what I remember, that is standard procedure to have those on during the final approach.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"

RiffedAAMech
Topic Author

Sat May 10, 2008 9:51 pm

On other flights on jetblue and on other airlines, I have never seen the emergency lights come on during landing.  boggled 

tb727

Sat May 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Quoting RiffedAAMech (Reply 2):
On other flights on jetblue and on other airlines, I have never seen the emergency lights come on during landing.

I have seen the same thing, I think it is an Airbus thing. I was on an NW 320 a few months back and they were turned on presumably below 10,000 feet from what I could tell. On what I fly we only "Arm" the Emergency Exit Lights at night, they come on when the Batteries and Aux Bus are turned off.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!