vikinga346

AC SFO-YYZ Weight Restrictions?

Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi All -

My colleague just told me he got bumped from a SFO-YYZ redeye last night because of weight restrictions. I just looked up the flight and it turns out to be a Airbus A319. Do they pack a whole lot of cargo on this route or what?? I've taken plenty of redeyes from SFO-PHL on US' A321 and the 321 has a lesser range than the 319... Any ideas on this folks?

Appreciate it.
...you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall return

OPNLguy

RE: AC SFO-YYZ Weight Restrictions?

Fri May 30, 2008 1:42 am

Hard to say, since there are lots of variables...

- Did they have an inop aircraft item like an anti-skid which could result in a takeoff or landing weight restriction?

- Did they have an inop aircraft item like a fuel boost pump that necessitated carrying extra fuel?

- Did the YYZ weather require an alternate airport (and the fuel to reach it) be carried?

- Did enroute weather require additional fuel for deviations, or a longer than normal route toavoid weather?
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

vikinga346

Fri May 30, 2008 5:23 pm

I am aware of the variables that would require a weight restriction - I was hoping for a more precise answer. Perhaps some AC employees know why exactly this would have taken place?
...you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall return

longhauler

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:41 am

AC754/28May was operated by an A320. As the weather in YYZ was very poor the following morning it looks like a far alternate was carried.

Was he a non-rev? As full revenue passengers are rarely "bumped" with weight restrictions, usually an enroute stop is made instead.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!