aogdesk

AA - Send Me Up A Crows Foot Commercial

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:47 pm

Does anyone recall the AA TV commercial that was shot in a AA hangar? It showed a maintenance crew working,.....and one of the mechanics yelled down to someone on the ground "Send me up a crows foot"!

I'm wondering when that ad debuted.......

avioniker

RE: AA - Send Me Up A Crows Foot Commercial

Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:23 pm

Actually I thought it was UAL and I think it debuted in the early 90's
I think the lines went: "send up a crow's foot - give me an ops check". . .
Ah classic reality. . .
I may not remember the airline but I DO remember the laughter the first time I saw it.
 Smile
One may educate the ignorance from the unknowing but stupid is forever. Boswell; ca: 1533

boeing767mech

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Quoting Aogdesk (Thread starter):
Does anyone recall the AA TV commercial that was shot in a AA hangar? It showed a maintenance crew working,.....and one of the mechanics yelled down to someone on the ground "Send me up a crows foot"!

I'm wondering when that ad debuted.......

If I remember that right that is the DC-10 commercial where the Crew Chief is walking in the airport and sees the kids and said something about remembering why he did this job.

That came out in the early to mid 90's

David
Never under-estimate the predictably of stupidty

charlienorth

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:45 am

The "crows foot" commercial was a UAL commercial about some places in the friendly skies being not so friendly,the terse abrupt cranky,irritated mechanics,,,we also responded to crow foot guy..."what size a$$^&*e"
Work hard fly right..don't understand it

aogdesk

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:42 am

Thanks for the correction.......I couldn't recall if it was AA or UA. I do though remember many 'comments' made on the line when that TV spot came out.

Zuluaviator994

Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Does anybody have a video of the commercial?
If Speed is life, Altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with the sky.

Buzz

Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Hi AOG Desk, Buzz here. I recall the making of that commercial in '84 or '85. One of my buddies (Clay has been retired many years) was in it.
The director was trying to get some "real" mechanic's terms, therefore the Crowfoot, Ops check, send up a mini-grinder.

It would be funny to see it again. Now I'm one of those gray haired (or losing hair) guys who's supposed to know how to get it fixed.

g'day

aogdesk

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Considering how the industry has changed, the updated version of the commercial might have its participants saying something like "Please send me up a pair of fresh latex gloves, and be sure to use the OSHA approved sling"  Smile

Buzz, you should sign up at amtforum.com Its slow, but its quite professional (so far...fingers crossed) lol

Buzz

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi AOGDesk, Buzz here. AMTforum... is that the one related to the magazine?

g'day and Good Independence Day

aogdesk

Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:29 pm

Buzz....sorry bout that, I gave you the wrong site. It's AMTcentral.com, and its independent. Started not too long ago by a mechanic, and its been slow growing, but theres decent content, no bullshit. Yet  Smile

Happy Independence Day!!!

Andy