Topic Author

New "Enchanced" Airbus Interior Question

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:59 pm

After spending some time looking through this site, I wondered if the new "enhanced" Airbus cabin on both the A320 series and the A330 series can be retrofitted onto an older Airbus a/c? Do these enhanced cabins offer special features that makes this retrofit impossible?
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

RE: New "Enchanced" Airbus Interior Question

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:21 pm

Not impossible, but very expensive.
never tell an engineer he is wrong ;-)

RE: New "Enchanced" Airbus Interior Question

Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:53 am

There's not really much difference, so I don't really see much advantage. It's nicer, but it's not like the jump from classic 767 or 747 cabins to newer 777 style.

I like the nex-gen A330 cabin, particularly the newer lavatory, but I don't think it would justify the expense. I certainly prefer to fly on the newer one, but only because it looks a little more pleasant- there's no functional difference.

Granted, that's just opinion.

Anyhow it's doubtful that there would be any different technical specs. If you look at the designs, all you're really got is new overhead bin doors- the bins themselves are the same.
And lavatories are modular, they can just be yanked out any time.