Topic Author

737's To Rj's

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 pm

this is my first post so please bear with me.i am a a&p tech with .the majority of my exreience on 737-4's and 737-ng's.i've been offered a job turning wrenches for Air Wisconsin at orf.i would appreciate any info you folks might have on this company and what difficulties i might have transitioning to the rj...thank you

RE: 737's To Rj's

Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:15 am

What I knew about them a few years back was long tenured employees. I was talking with an A&P that had something like 18+ years and still didn't have the seniorty to bid days. Back then they had a 401K and Pention...!! They had very little turn over and were very hard to get hired on with. Now......?? I really can't say. This business has changed multi fold.

As far as the transition... a plane is a plane. If you know what side of the screwdriver to use you're ahead of most of the new A&P I've seen lately. Have you tried looking at an airline that flies the Ejets...?? jetBlue, Republic...? Much closer to the 737 and it's systems.

[Edited 2008-08-01 17:19:13]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"