FrequentFlyKid

Day In The Life Of A WN 737...Again!

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Hello all! Back in 2004 someone posted a really detailed log of a WN 737 for an entire month.

Here is the link.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...al_aviation/read.main/1565800/1/#1

I was wondering if anyone else might have access to similar information and would post something similiar. As nerdy as it sounds it's a great FS flight plan that makes it realistic.

Thanks!

wingscrubber

RE: Day In The Life Of A WN 737...Again!

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Are you familiar with flightaware.com? If you sign up you can get live flight tracking by e-mail...or you can track specific aircraft, flight numbers, or random flights. Any aircraft who talks to atc using using flight following or an IFR flight plan is trackable on there.
Resident TechOps Troll

BAE146QT

Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 pm

You might want to be more specific about the airline and type that you're interested in. A general, "This would be cool for FS" probably won't get much attention. But I've asked narrower questions here about ops, plans or simple aircraft handling - and said that it was for FS - and have had wonderfully detailed responses from the guys on the ground, in the tower and at the pointy end, (you know who you are - thank you again!).

Alternatively, and at the risk of being off-topic for the forum, have you had a look at the flight plans in FS-Traffic? They're not accurate, but they're realistic.
Todos mis dominós son totalmente pegajosos

LASoctoberB6

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:33 am

How about Continental's N14214? I've been strangely attached to that plane since I rode it back in November of 2005..

I do a nerdy thing during class. I'll take a specific plane from any airline that I'm familiar with and make up routes (routes that it would seem likely for it to fly) and times and days just to pass time. It's pretty cool actually, I think...
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

FrequentFlyKid

Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:15 pm

Flightaware is a great tool, however it's cumbersome and sometimes impossible to follow a particular aircraft. The poster offered everything including the flight numbers and departure/arrival times. As far as being specific, I was trying to be a open as possible in hopes of soliciting as many responses as possible. Another Southwest threat would be great since their high daily cycles, but I am open to any airline. Thanks again.

doug_or

Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:04 pm

Well here's a day in the life of a Skywest Brasilia-

MFR-SFO-RDM-PDX-SEA-PDX-SEA-PDX (crew swap)-SEA-PDX-SEA-GEG
When in doubt, one B pump off